• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Auto Restarter

Loney

#!
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
I just read on some txt files into hosting files that the server just restarts automatically after crash, well my server just got crashed today and didn't restarted.
Any ideas how can I make the server restart automatically if crash?

Thanks in advance, Loney.

I start the server from Putty, and every time gets crashed, it don't open again by restarter, and i didn't removed anything

Try open server like this:

Code:
screen while true; do ./theforgottenserver; done

Excerpt from README.txt:
-- How to start TFS ?There a file called !stop in your home directory. Home directory is where this README.txt file
exists. !stop prevents your server from launching. When you are ready to go, delete it and your
OTS should start in less than a minute plus its loading time.
Remember to read how to choose TFS version below !

-- How to restart TFS ?
Simply create a file called !restart in your home directory. This file will be automatically
deleted when TFS restarts. It may take up to 1 minute plus TFS loading time.

-- How to enable auto-restarter in case of crash ?
Good news: it's already there ! Your server is constantly monitored, every minute by a special
TFS-Control Watchdog script. In case it shuts down (eg. with /shutdown ingame command) or crashes
TFS-Control will start it again. Even if it is running but does not accept connections (stalled
process), TFS-Control will start it up again ! Moreover, it won't allow more than one instance
running.

@IMPORTANT: If your map is large and TFS loads longer than a minute, auto-restarter may
incorrectly treat it as stalled process and restart it. This will result in endless
restarting and your server will never go online.
In that case, contact support and we will increase grace time for loading ASAP.

-- How to stop TFS ?
If you want to stop TFS permanently from launching (ie. prevent auto-restarter from keeping
restarting it) you need to create a file called !stop. This may come handy when TFS-Control
generates many errors trying to load broken datapack.

-- How to choose TFS version ?
TFS version is set in a file called .tfs-version in your home directory. Example values are:
r3884 (for SVN revision 3884)
036pl1 (for stable version 0.3.6pl1)

Full list of available at Index of /services/tfs/
Note: tfs. is always prepended to the version you set. If you see tfs.r3884 on the list,
set r3884 in the .tfs-version file, without the tfs. !
If specific version that you want to use is not yet available there, contact our support.
We will prepare it for you as soon as possible. You can ask for any TFS version from private
and public SVN.
If you want to use a custom TFS binary, put copy it into bin directory as "tfs.custom" and put
"custom" into .tfs-version file.

You should not start TFS from PuTTY yourself, or if you do, leave the !stop file to disable the auto-restarter and handle restarts yourself e.g. as Cyko suggested.

Its working fine with me, then to minimize the screen ctrl +a+d, then you can close putty.

Back