• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint banned for 'offensive' statemens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendelikoo

Banned User
Reaction score
soo,mr don daniello gave me a infraction for 'spamming' in his lordaeron thread in marketplace so i didnt write anything else in that thread,i only wrote on his vms 'idz sie lecz czlowieku -.-' which means go get treatment dude and i want to know,how the hell is that offensive statment?

Sadly, a moderator will come on here and say, "Your argument is invalid, i can give as much infractions as i want, so go fuck yourself".

:/

It is surely off-topic and be somewhat offensive, but a ban for that statement? You had previous infractions?

I'd give you an infraction or at least a warning, but a ban seems too pushy, maybe you were acting like a total jerk in the marketplace thread and that comment was the final straw?
Addendum 3:
If you break multiple rules, the punishments will be combined. A permanent ban can be applied if it is seen neccessary.

I'd give you an infraction or at least a warning, but a ban seems too pushy, maybe you were acting like a total jerk in the marketplace thread and that comment was the final straw?

Acting like a total jerks isn't exactly the same thing as trying to spread what he believes to be the truth/a warning to the community. I personally have no opinion where Lordaeron is concerned, but I didn't see anyone throwing any insults or the sort, yesterday.

I believe Mr. Greyshade banned too after posting in that topic
also a guy called onizuka started to swear at me and being racist and i can see only his post got deleted

OTLand staff have always been corrupted (eg Delirium, NaS, ZoOroO to just mention a few)....

It's funny because if someone else had that thread you wouldn't have taken that banishment.

And imo, I've seen people get banned for offensive statements that was directed to a staff member, otherwise if an offensive statement were directed to me, pretty much nothing would happen beside his post being deleted.

all i was saying in the marketplace was that don cared only about money etc cuz they broke a promise about lordaeron being sold only once for which i got a infraction and then banned for a totally not offensive statement in his vm's which he could easily delete -.-

@up
does it rly surprise u?u got a bit of power=ur god,untouchable,uninsultable etc

Looking at the post the only things I see wrong with it is offtopic and offensive to a lot of polish people. You basically called all of them money hungry.

Looking at the post the only things I see wrong with it is offtopic and offensive to a lot of polish people. You basically called all of them money hungry.

all? i only called don money hungry because he was selling lordaeron after it was sold to spiderot for much expensive price and promised it wont be sold again,i mean why the hell would u do that if u didnt want money ?

I'd sell it again if it turned out SpiderOT wasn't doing anything with it, it was a great server and the communities loved it. Now if SpiderOT was doing something with it I wouldn't be selling it again.

I'd sell it again if it turned out SpiderOT wasn't doing anything with it, it was a great server and the communities loved it. Now if SpiderOT was doing something with it I wouldn't be selling it again.

well it didnt say anyhwere that it will be sold only once only if the buyer did something with it did it?

It's funny because if someone else had that thread you wouldn't have taken that banishment.

And imo, I've seen people get banned for offensive statements that was directed to a staff member, otherwise if an offensive statement were directed to me, pretty much nothing would happen beside his post being deleted.
Wrong, I infract people if their post is offensive against other people, at least I do..

all i was saying in the marketplace was that don cared only about money etc cuz they broke a promise about lordaeron being sold only once for which i got a infraction and then banned for a totally not offensive statement in his vm's which he could easily delete -.-

@up
does it rly surprise u?u got a bit of power=ur god,untouchable,uninsultable etc
I havent really read the thread since I don't know anything about that subject, so I don't have an opinion on it and I was just guessing back then, but honestly, since DD is the one selling it, he shouldn't moderate on it since no matter what, he'll be biased, he should do like what ZNote did when he had a server some time back, he wouldn't moderate on that thread, he always asked me or another GMod
and no on the god/untouchable/etc part, if we make mistakes, and I sure know I already did some, I always assume them and fix them, I can't talk for the others though..

Last edited:
The entire thing is fucked up.
Otland staff are supposed to be role models. Someone people look up to. Not someone multiple people hate because of what they have done. I can name a few moderators/globals/these "community managers" that have fucked up in the past.

Otland staff are supposed to be role models. Someone people look up to. Not someone multiple people hate because of what they have done. I can name a few moderators/globals/these "community managers" that have fucked up in the past.
Not everyone is perfect, everybody does mistakes every once in a while

Yes I agree. Once in a while.
Though, you can clearly see who does a mistake once in a while, it depends what that mistake it is.

Threads like this won't change anything, neither will posts. Thats why I stopped posting there. There's no point in getting banned, just looks bad for you. You cannot out rule someone who is a higher rank than you. And rebels will fall unless they come in numbers. :>

> Otland staff are supposed to be role models.
> staff are supposed to be role models.
> supposed to be role models.
> be role models.
> role models.
> models.

[This is no bash on you Tyren, just saying.]
Tyren, bro, When you judge people with a type of moral, do you do it looking at a human aspect or do you think that everyone is a saint?

Just like how we look a politics, law enforcers, doctors, etc. we all of a sudden think that they are Holy or something, people do things, some are greedy, some are not but may be jealous, so long as these things exist("values") people will show them, enjoy Humanity 101, you have all been educated.

Final straw for a ban? aren't some steps missing then, like a warning?
I see it as a very bad way of dealing with things, not handing out warnings before the last step. Keeping track of an user unofficially without noticing him and then wait until things are "bad enough" before issuing a ban, based on not the last post solely but the accumulated, undealt with, problematic posts as well. This way is not helping at all. You're just pissing people off and confusing them; the ban will look like it came out of nowhere or from a half innocent post that only a moderator with the biggest grudge would issue an instant ban on. This way makes no sense, it's like let's say mr.John Doe posts a sexist joke, nothing happens, mods even laugh at it, he thinks it's okay. He continues, after around 10 posts spread out over a couple of day, compared to the first post do not differ really, a mod steps up and bans him, what exactly do you think will go through the head of mr.John Doe?

Generally about warnings and infractions
You can give members warnings without the world burning down, without members creating a thread in the feedback board about it. Just try to be humble in the message to them and be consequent. I've been a mod at OTFans for years, under the days it was active I've handed out shitloads of warnings and infractions, even to those "bad guys", and all have accepted them. I made sure to emphasize that warnings were just warnings. There has been questions about my infractions from members but after giving them my motives they have been okay with it, sometimes they have even apologized. It might take a little longer than basically writing "u know what u did","being noob" but it gives so much more compared to the time saving option.

Do you moderators have some kind of rule about handing over issues to another moderator, if for example the current moderator is personally invested in the issue that requires a look?

Wrong, I infract people if their post is offensive against other people, at least I do..
Maybe you should create a thread in the staff board to try to get everyone on the same page of things. Being consequent is important and if every moderator has a different limit on things, things are gonna look unconsequent and here the "bad moderator X" problem arises. The rules may be clear if you look at them but they really are not, it says what you can't do but the line that has to be crossed before taking action may differ a lot between every person, being as consequent as a staff team is very important.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back