• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Begginers] How to create custom monsters? Easy & Very detailed.

Sir Shutter

Learning LUA
Reaction score
Hello, otlands i would like to start helping all other people, people who starting new servers and want it to be special with their own monster names how much they attack their defence and their loot, what do they say, how fast they walk, how much will you make their health, alot more will be explained here for all starting people, as it will be fully-detailed enough for everyone to understand.

Enough talking and lets start helping up the poor people :)

First of all create a new XML file and name it the name you wish to do, this is on how to create a custom monster so il show you how to do that with an orc berserker, now add this to the new xml :-

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<monster name="orc berserker" nameDescription="a orc berserker" race="blood" experience="195" speed="250" manacost="590">
  <health now="210" max="210"/>
  <look type="8" head="20" body="30" legs="40" feet="50" corpse="5980"/>
  <targetchange interval="5000" chance="8"/>
  <strategy attack="100" defense="0"/>
  <flags>
    <flag summonable="1"/>
    <flag attackable="1"/>
    <flag hostile="1"/>
    <flag illusionable="1"/>
    <flag convinceable="1"/>
    <flag pushable="0"/>
    <flag canpushitems="1"/>
    <flag canpushcreatures="1"/>
    <flag targetdistance="1"/>
    <flag staticattack="90"/>
    <flag runonhealth="0"/>
  </flags>
  <attacks>
    <attack name="melee" interval="2000" min="-30" max="-200"/>
  </attacks>
  <defenses armor="15" defense="12">
    <defense name="speed" interval="1000" chance="15" speedchange="290" duration="6000">
      <attribute key="areaEffect" value="redshimmer"/>
    </defense>
  </defenses>
  <immunities>
    <immunity physical="0"/>
    <immunity energy="0"/>
    <immunity fire="0"/>
    <immunity poison="1"/>
    <immunity lifedrain="0"/>
    <immunity paralyze="0"/>
    <immunity outfit="0"/>
    <immunity drunk="0"/>
    <immunity invisible="0"/>
  </immunities>
  <voices interval="5000" chance="10">
    <voice sentence="KRAK ORRRRRRK!" yell="1"/>
  </voices>
  <loot>
    <item id="3976" countmax="10" chance1="50000" chancemax="0"/>
    <item id="2148" countmax="15" chance1="100000" chancemax="0"/>
    <item id="2666" countmax="3" chance1="33333" chancemax="0"/>
    <item id="2381" chance="6666"/>
    <item id="1987" chance="100000">
      <inside>
        <item id="2464" chance="10000"/>
        <item id="2458" chance="10000"/>
        <item id="2044" chance="5000"/>
        <item id="2378" chance="5000"/>
      </inside>
    </item>
  </loot>
</monster>

For the Information on editing what you added in this new XML :-
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<monster name="[COLOR="red"]Monster name inside the game.[/COLOR]" nameDescription="[COLOR="red"]When someone makes "look" on the monster what it says for example if the name of monster is Mad Orc then here you type A Mad Orc[/COLOR]" race="blood" experience="[COLOR="red"]Enter how much EXP it gives it will be doubled according to the exp rate of your server[/COLOR]" speed="[COLOR="red"]here is the speed increase it so it can be faster, decrease so it will be slower[/COLOR]" manacost="590">
  <health now="[COLOR="red"]its health this one for example :- (200/0)[/COLOR]" max="[COLOR="red"]max health (0/200) it means you can make the monster start with yellow hp if you make it the health now 200 and the max one is 400 so his health will be 200/400 so its yellow.[/COLOR]"/>
  <look type="8" head="20" body="30" legs="40" feet="50" corpse="5980"/>
  <targetchange interval="[COLOR="red"]the percentage of changing his target to another one dont edit that not usefull[/COLOR]" chance="8"/>
  <strategy attack="100" defense="[COLOR="red"]its defense[/COLOR]"/>
  <flags>
    <flag summonable="1"/>        [COLOR="red"]1 for yes, 0 for no.[/COLOR]
    <flag attackable="1"/>
    <flag hostile="1"/>
    <flag illusionable="1"/>
    <flag convinceable="1"/>
    <flag pushable="0"/>
    <flag canpushitems="1"/>
    <flag canpushcreatures="1"/>
    <flag targetdistance="1"/>
    <flag staticattack="90"/>
    <flag runonhealth="0"/>
  </flags>
  <attacks>
    <attack name="melee" interval="[COLOR="red"]Decrease that so it can attack faster increase it so it will attack slow...[/COLOR]" min="[COLOR="red"]minimum damage you should add " - " before the damage so it can decrease if you add numbers without the negative sign it will heal not attack.[/COLOR]" max="[COLOR="red"]max damage so like you can make minimum 200 and max 400 so it will be 200~400 damage in this range[/COLOR]"/>
  </attacks>
  <defenses armor="[COLOR="red"]defense armor[/COLOR]" defense="[COLOR="red"]defense..[/COLOR]">
    <defense name="speed" interval="1000" chance="15" speedchange="290" duration="6000">
      <attribute key="areaEffect" value="redshimmer"/>
    </defense>
  </defenses>
  <immunities>
    <immunity physical="0"/>  [COLOR="red"]1 to make it dont care for that like for example if you make the energy "1" then if someone put energy on floor he can walk threw it and invisible change it to "1" so if someone gets invisible it can see him..[/COLOR]
    <immunity energy="0"/>
    <immunity fire="0"/>
    <immunity poison="1"/>
    <immunity lifedrain="0"/>
    <immunity paralyze="0"/>
    <immunity outfit="0"/>
    <immunity drunk="0"/>
    <immunity invisible="0"/>
  </immunities>
  <voices interval="5000" chance="10">
    <voice sentence="[COLOR="red"]you can add here what he says also make a new line for other thing you might want him to say..[/COLOR]yell="1"/>
  </voices>
  <loot>
    <item id="[COLOR="red"]add the loot ID you want it to drop and the chance if you make it lower it will be harder to loot higher will be so easy like looting gold coins..[/COLOR]" countmax="10" chance1="50000" chancemax="0"/>
    <item id="2148" countmax="15" chance1="100000" chancemax="0"/>
    <item id="2666" countmax="3" chance1="33333" chancemax="0"/>
    <item id="2381" chance="6666"/>
    <item id="1987" chance="100000">
      <inside>
        <item id="2464" chance="10000"/>
        <item id="2458" chance="10000"/>
        <item id="2044" chance="5000"/>
        <item id="2378" chance="5000"/>
      </inside>
    </item>
  </loot>
</monster>

Note :- You can get the item.id in game like if you want it to drop "Magic Plate Armor" go in game on a game master account and say "/n magic plate armor 1" make look on it, then it will say the ID of this item you should add it in the <item id="here!!" chance ="10000"/>

I didnt say some stuff, since they are not usefull and aren't used alot I said main things thats important for making a full custom monsters, now to make this custom monster work on your server you have to add the location on monsters.xml file located at your monsters folder just right click monsters.xml and click edit then CTRL + F and type in Orc Berserk so it will go to this line :-
Code:
<monster name="Orc Berserker" file="Orcs/orc berserker.xml"/>
or else it will go to this line :-
Code:
<monster name="Orc Berserker" file="Orc Berserker.xml" />
If it goes to the first line then you should add the new custom monster you made in the orc berserker folder and add this line under the first line so it would look like this for example :-
Code:
<monster name="Mad Orc" file="Orcs/Mad Orc.xml"/>

Or else if you added to the second line it would look like :-
Code:
<monster name="Mad Orc" file="Mad Orc.xml" />

Well guys, this is my first tutorial on how to create custom monsters, I hope its usefull, try to reputate me if you liked my post, I'm working hard on helping everyone on otland and il make more and more posts in npc's , port forwarding and more..

Last edited:
Where is the reply's people, I need reply's about what you think more replys so you can make me make more usefull tutorials, thanks fare-fray (btw i play on aldora and i think i got pked from ur team xD)

XDD )) btw, you can make this tutorial more advanced, describe all flags, attributes :>

Umm just to let you know i already had a post in this forum... you probably didnt see it because it was on page 1 of the bottom.. and i added how to make it on your server too.

Warning: syntax error, unexpected ':' in C:/cryingdamson5-gui/config.lua on line 16 in C:\xampp\htdocs\install.php on line 154
File config.lua loaded from C:/cryingdamson5-gui/config.lua and it's not valid TFS config.lua file. Go to STEP 1 - select other directory. If it's your config.lua file from TFS contact with acc. maker author.

what do I have to do? somebody please help.

Gesior Acc

Warning: syntax error, unexpected ':' in C:/cryingdamson5-gui/config.lua on line 16 in C:\xampp\htdocs\install.php on line 154
File config.lua loaded from C:/cryingdamson5-gui/config.lua and it's not valid TFS config.lua file. Go to STEP 1 - select other directory. If it's your config.lua file from TFS contact with acc. maker author.

what do I have to do?? somebody please help.

as Fare said, u should describe more. cuz its for noobs, and i dont think they will understand everything :(

still, good work :)

Wen i make creatures I edit an existing monster :)
Like the bosses that never spawn :p I made a creature with my real character name and looted my items :D

Back