• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Best Features for an Open Tibia Server

Arlianin

....Pwnz....
Senator
Reaction score
Heyas everyone!

I was wondering, what do you think are the best features for an ot to succeed? What are the best features to have great pvp? What are the best features in general? I dunno, just was wondering what were your thoughts. Like, what does an ot need to be outstanding like 300+ players or one that you would join no matter what :)

Mines are:
  1. Custom map
  2. Unique Scripts
  3. Exelent Team
  4. 95+ uptime
  5. Custom vocations/promotions

:D

I agree with you Arlianin :)!

* Custom Map (Very Planned)
* Also, unique scripts... (Creative :p)
* Excellent Team (Trust Worthy)
* Nice Uptime (And no kicks/lag)
* Custom rates/vocations/monsters/etc...

Conclusion: You need a very planned OT, not to be famous, but to be really like.

Item plxor!!

* Evolution Map Super Edited
* Also, manarune scripts!!
* A staff that give items :?
* Items edited (a katana with atack 900000000000000000000000000)
* exp 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

xDDDDD

Amm

I agree with Arlianin

and a ot with the system of update items :D

1. Fair Staff Members.
2. Exciting map.
3. Good uptime with a sensible amount of players online.
4. CREATIVITY! Just because tibia has something doesnt mean the server has to...the server needs to be creative!
5. Extension onto 4. :)

I think there are a few things that sorts the 60-100 people online servers from the 200-300 online servers.

I believe the main things are:
  • A good custom edited map (the map can be used earlier, but it needs to be different in a positive way) and not just a typical "download-editconfigfile&pressplay" server where you don't change anything after downloading.
  • Good and new scripts. This ofcourse depends on the server. If it's a serious RL map server, then there are some limits on what scripts that should be added, but if it's a server based on a teleport map, then alot of good, custom scripts is the way to go.
  • Decent uptime. Noone likes a server that can suddenly go offline for a few days or suddenly close down in the middle of the day because the owner had to do something else on the computer without giving a excuse why you did it (hey, it's computers - anything can happen, there are no guarantees that you will manage to have your computer on for a whole day or for several weeks without problems)
  • Frequent updates. Playing the same things all the time is boring and repetitive. Even changing some tiles for the looks may be enough to keep a server from falling down, but it's important to listen to the players, add quests and try to be creative so the players won't think "hey, haven't I've seen this before..?"
  • Active and fair staff. Noone likes a power abusing GM, or a immature tutor.

That is the requirements for a OTserver if they want to be successfull in my opinion.

For me the most important features of server are:

- Edited or custom map. I mean really nicely edited one not just changed walls :p.

- Fair staff, not helping anyone.

- Interesting quests. I <3 these ones which are complicated such as on normal tibia.

What would you guys think about custom items( Custom Sprites )? Would they make the OT server more interesting, or would people not want them?

What would you guys think about custom items( Custom Sprites )? Would they make the OT server more interesting, or would people not want them?

Ofcourse it would, but it's a turn off when people has to download .spr files to play a server, it can seem unsafe and just too much work.

Here's mine

1. Good and fair team (else server will go down)
2. Good hoster with no lags (not hosted in New Zeeland or smt <_<)
3. Edited client with no Cipbot (for great PvP)
4. Balanced vocations (for great PvP)
5. Great and Well-Planed Custom Map (With new things and quests to explore)
6. Nice scripted quests/NPCs (but not too much tho)

Ofcourse it would, but it's a turn off when people has to download .spr files to play a server, it can seem unsafe and just too much work.

DBZ OT.

Mines are:
1. Staff not having even a second character.
2. Alot of quests, so players actually got a goal.
3. PVP balancing (depending on your experience rate, how higher the exprate how more balanced it should be).
4. Active community

Custom map/Realmap (Both are good)

Hosted 24/7 on a server computer or using an dedicated which means it won't cause lags.
24/7 Team Support? (A)

No frequently shut downs

Unique features, like the 1337 ot has.

1. No Corrupt team.
2. Good hoster.
3. Fun and Custom map.
4. Lots of Quests, Team Quests.
5. Not to low exp, Depends on how serious.

My opinions.

Friendly Service
Custom Map
Custom Scripts e.g Monsters,Spells,Movements etc
Advanced Promo/Voc/Quests
Good Staff
No Power Abusers e.g GM's etc
Good Offence/Criminal offence System
Hosted anywhere BUT New Zealand,As Our Broadband is Slower than China's Dial-Up[Apparently] -.-

xD

Hosted anywhere BUT New Zealand,As Our Broadband is Slower than China's Dial-Up[Apparently] -.-

xD

My cousin lives in New Zealand, and he hates it! xD He's still used to the broadband speeds here in Sweden, and going there and having like 0.5 Mbit\s instead of 24 Mbit\s was quite a change... :p And he couldn't get more than 0.5 either.. :huh:

Back