• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Best place to advertise an Open Tibia Server?

Paco

Premium User
Reaction score
As the title says, I need a way to make a prooper advertising. I've tried 2 not-so-known youtubers and I got like 50~ active players from México and Brazil. OTLand doesn't help to attract new players aswell.
Any ideas guys? Or do you know any other famous youtubers interested in Open Tibia that can help to advertise servers?

ayusutina

Solutions
Reaction score
Known streamers that are also expensive, facebook, otservlist, etc

Acubens

Old Penguin
Solutions
Reaction score
As the title says, I need a way to make a prooper advertising. I've tried 2 not-so-known youtubers and I got like 50~ active players from México and Brazil. OTLand doesn't help to attract new players aswell.
Any ideas guys? Or do you know any other famous youtubers interested in Open Tibia that can help to advertise servers?
Server?

drakylucas

Solutions
Reaction score
I guess otservlist is the best option to advertise your server, but I've just seen you're already doing it there.

There's a YouTuber called "Nalu" from Brazil, he loves rookgaard... Perhaps you can try contacting him and asking if he could try your server / make a video of it.

Last time I played your server, you were using tibia 9.1 version if I remember correctly... Maybe changing its version (if it's still on that version) to a newer one (or even older one like 8.6 which is massively played until today) might help you gathering more players.

Silba

7.6+ is not oldschool
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
What's your player retention like? There's no point advertising if none of them stay. Usually this is the problem, not lack of advertising.
(try to look past the few players you know stay, look deeper)
Good luck

Helliot1

Owner of Empire Online
Solutions
Reaction score
Google and Facebook Adsense. It's the best way.

1. You can reach people who are interested in Tibia or game 2D.
  2. Create ads for people to register on your website.
  3. Even better than that, you can create ads for people to buy premium time from your website.
  4. You can reach similar people who entered your website or similar people who bought premium time.
  5. You can reach similar people who have spent the most money buying premium time (Lifetime Value).
If you want, I can help you with that.

Last edited:

pink_panther

Premium User
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score

3. Even better than that, you can create ads for people to buy premium time from your website.
  4. You can reach similar people who entered your website or similar people who buy premium time.
  5. You can reach similar people who have spent the most money buying premium time (Lifetime Value).
That's what I need to learn more about. Also depends how much money you want to spend on that I guess.
twitch.tv + viewerlabs :)
Need to be a streamer or know one and want to use bots.

hotdog1337

Solutions
Reaction score
That's what I need to learn more about. Also depends how much money you want to spend on that I guess.

not exactly i ran twitch.tv/opikejranet with +/- 200 viewbots and countdown but you can do some easy stuff like put few tibiacams on loop nice background and window that displays fight with countdown. ( that is said if server is to start ) and that brought nearly 800 unique visitors to website from which (150 were previous days so otland etc ) and seems like few groups on facebook done its deed too in a way.

Helliot1

Owner of Empire Online
Solutions
Reaction score

You can spend how much money you want.

It can be since $5 a day, as well as $10, $20, $30 a day.

Depends on how much people you want to reach or convert into players/customers.

As more money you spend, more people and conversions you will have.

Last edited:

hotdog1337

Solutions
Reaction score
You can spend how much money you want.

It can be since $5 a day, as well as $10, $20, $30 a day.

Depends on how much people you want to reach or convert into customers.

As more money you spend, the more people and conversions you will have.
tbh last time i used viewerlabs for enormous amount of live bots was 1000 i purchased or so lead into 500 concurrent unique viewers (1500-1000) so it works.

hotdog1337

Solutions
Reaction score
OTServerList is the best for sure
facebook groups do more than that even countdown barely done anything i can tell you that much. nowadays its paid feature that is absolutely useless people tend to not ever look at it in my whole life i never joined single server myself it never even cought my eye its like i was blind to it until i made my own server and seen it in features to buy. lol! he should really make it more visible in any way just yellow color is nothing

Handicap Ninja

Reaction score
can't remember the last time i opened otservlist
the server i play the most isn't even listed

twitch is kinda nice because u see ppl playing
if it looks good on stream i'm tempted to login

but u need good players for that imo
u can tell when someone plays just to advertise
they barely have any fun xD

hotdog1337

Solutions
Reaction score
can't remember the last time i opened otservlist
the server i play the most isn't even listed

twitch is kinda nice because u see ppl playing
if it looks good on stream i'm tempted to login

but u need good players for that imo
u can tell when someone plays just to advertise
they barely have any fun xD
I only streamed the countdown tbh. and still 110+ online from just Twitchttv / facebook groups / otland / torg (and listing on otservlist but everybody knows it means nothing nowadays)

OP
Paco

Paco

Premium User
Reaction score
I guess otservlist is the best option to advertise your server, but I've just seen you're already doing it there.

There's a YouTuber called "Nalu" from Brazil, he loves rookgaard... Perhaps you can try contacting him and asking if he could try your server / make a video of it.

Last time I played your server, you were using tibia 9.1 version if I remember correctly... Maybe changing its version (if it's still on that version) to a newer one (or even older one like 8.6 which is massively played until today) might help you gathering more players.
Nalu denied, I contacted Cateroide, he will advertise for me. I will update game to 12x+ in 2022, I'm working on it.

What's your player retention like? There's no point advertising if none of them stay. Usually this is the problem, not lack of advertising.
(try to look past the few players you know stay, look deeper)
Good luck
I have around 50~ active players.

4. You can reach similar people who entered your website or similar people who bought premium time.

I tried Facebook, but it doens't really helped me. Facebook groups did better than pay for advertising. I shared only in latino sites, do u guys know any otserver groups from america or europe? Maybe some groups interested in Rookgaard, I already shared in some groups.

I contacted some other youtubers, Hegal just made a video for us, was cool! I keep growing but very slowly as my server is really hard gameplay and not what average ot is.

I need like more contact with the open tibia community to spread the word.

Helliot1

Owner of Empire Online
Solutions
Reaction score
Nalu denied, I contacted Cateroide, he will advertise for me. I will update game to 12x+ in 2022, I'm working on it.

I have around 50~ active players.

I tried Facebook, but it doens't really helped me. Facebook groups did better than pay for advertising. I shared only in latino sites, do u guys know any otserver groups from america or europe? Maybe some groups interested in Rookgaard, I already shared in some groups.

I contacted some other youtubers, Hegal just made a video for us, was cool! I keep growing but very slowly as my server is really hard gameplay and not what average ot is.

I need like more contact with the open tibia community to spread the word.

Exactly, it didn't help you because you don't know how it works. I work with Facebook Adsense long time and I know it's the best place for you to get players.

I entered your site and you don't even have the Facebook pixel installed. It's not just clicking on the buttons and thinking you know how to do it. You must have knowledge of the tool and strategy.

If you want to show me what you did, maybe I can help you.

OP
Paco

Paco

Premium User
Reaction score
Exactly, it didn't help you because you don't know how it works. I work with Facebook Adsense long time and I know it's the best place for you to get players.

I entered your site and you don't even have the Facebook pixel installed. It's not just clicking on the buttons and thinking you know how to do it. You must have knowledge of the tool and strategy.

If you want to show me what you did, maybe I can help you.
Teach me master, I am your humble apprentice