• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Best way to get players?

One good thing not to do, is give donator's a large advantage over regulars.

Like just make a vip sword that has like the atk of a magic sword + 10 ~

and not make like custom monsters only for vip with high exp?

Advertisements.
No its not about, -Have vip, have donations, etc-
Its all about is it a bugless server? oh I like it! then why I dont call my friends to join?!

This is how, a server will be populated in few days, it needs to be:
*Bugless.
*Running on fast connection, or Dedicated.
*Have special quests, styles, actoins, talkactions.
[Q: How does a real map server differs from one to another?]
[A: By having more talkactions, one thing: instead of buying all blesses from NPC, saying Hello: Buy first bless yes, etc.
Make a talkaction, !bless, which is more easier for players.

hope I helped, enjoy!

Honestly, I think there are 2 ways to do this:

1. The "I dont care about the players, I just want quick cash" way.

2. The "I want to make the best server I can possibly make, work for my community, all the best for my players" way.

Any of the 2 ways can get a lot of players depending on the server they host.

However, the 1st way usually gets the "lots of players on the first days then they are gone", while (a well constructed) 2nd way can be "good average of players online everyday" or "not too many players at first, but then plenty of players online daily non-stop". To give you a reference, usually the top 10+ of the open tibia lists went for the 2nd way ;)

I hope you are going for the 2nd one, if thats so then:

• Get a dedicated server, dont host the server until you have one, unless you can handle a good hosting yourself.

• Dont make overpowered donations, if any. With this I mean, you could make donations that dont affect gameplay too much, example:

Decoration for houses, special names for the characters, adding depot/trainers in houses, items that are hardly obtainable in-game (but obtainable), if your server uses NPCs you could give them talkactions for comfort (like !bless, !aol, stuff like that) like Mizo stated, special outfits, addons, etc.

For me, thats the first thing I check when I go in a server, if they have overpowered donations I dont even waste my time trying it.

• Make a website and a forum for your players to speak their minds.

• Be active at both the forum and the server, or have an active staff.

• Make constant updates and fix bugs as they appear.

• Be creative! :thumbup:

However, if you're *sadly* going for the 1st way, just do the exact opposite of everything I stated.

Good luck :)

Last edited:
valera.servegame.com You thinks its good? i will add a new homepage that is 100% buged... + its a good host...

You havent even logged in its bin online like 1 day started it 00:00 yesterday swe time

Well,try to create your own server,so it is 100% unique ;)
Alot of players dislikes custom maps..but the true lovers of custom maps will stay there ;) :peace:

I think you should make a nice Layout for you website. A website that has the "RPG-Style" (Looks nice...)
Asking Friends and other guys for posting a link to your homepage on their website. Buying a .com domain, getting 24/7. Make advertising on your own, like: posting screenshots of any war ... in tibia forums, with a link to your homepage :) etc. just be creative

Buy coins at OTservlist or other advertising sites, and promote your servers.
This is a very good method of getting players to join your servers.

well,i guess u have seen my signature,made within 2-3min and i dont like it at all..but better than nothing xD

Back