• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Big bug on TFS master branch? - healing spells

nugo

Australia OT Mapper
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

If im not crazy or ive done somthing wrong i think i have found a pretty big bug on TFS master branch. I want some others to confirm before i post it as an issue on github. It appears all healing spells are not acting as to their specified forumla? They are 50%ish+ less effective then what their forumla suggests? Kinda breaks gameplay when all classes are healing significantly less then what they should be.

How it come about?
I updated from the 1.2 release to master branch about a month ago, i general stay a few version behind master branch to not get screwed by bugs on new releases as its happend to me a few times now. When we swapped over players were reporting their healing was significantly effected i thought it was somthing i had done with scripts but i dont think thats the case. I downloaded TFS master branch today and tested on a compltely fresh server with nothing edited.

Whats the problem?
Somthing is broken with healing spell forumlas (maybe other stufff aswell). The healing done is not reflective of the fourmla in the spells script. For example

A level 96 Paladin magic level 18.

Using Exura Gran - Intense healing. The below forumla is from tfs master branch

Lua:
function onGetFormulaValues(player, level, magicLevel)
    local min = (level / 5) + (magicLevel * 3.2) + 20
    local max = (level / 5) + (magicLevel * 5.4) + 40
    return min, max
end

I calculated the range of the healing to be

Code:
(96/5)+(18x3.2)+20 = 98
(96/50+(18x3.2)+40 = 156

When i cast a series of exura grans i get the following results

Code:
Mazza — Today at 10:59 AM
11:29 You healed yourself for 67 hitpoints.
11:29 You healed yourself for 66 hitpoints.
11:29 You healed yourself for 48 hitpoints.
11:29 You healed yourself for 60 hitpoints.
11:29 You healed yourself for 55 hitpoints.

same for exura san

Code:
Calulcated range
183 min
338 max

Actual figures from the heal

Code:
11:37 You healed yourself for 136 hitpoints.
11:37 You healed yourself for 115 hitpoints.
11:37 You healed yourself for 108 hitpoints.

Same for exura vita

CSS:
Calculated range
min 385
max 726

Actual healing

Code:
11:45 You healed yourself for 230 hitpoints.
11:45 You healed yourself for 233 hitpoints.
11:45 You healed yourself for 238 hitpoints.

It appears all incoing healing spells are being almost halfed or a bit more? Its weird i want someone else to check im not going crazy or im missing somthing. I remember seeing in source code incoming damage is halfed? could it be healings being treated as damage maybe by mistake?

Last edited:
Solution
Hello,

If im not crazy or ive done somthing wrong i think i have found a pretty big bug on TFS master branch. I want some others to confirm before i post it as an issue on github. It appears all healing spells are not acting as to their specified forumla? They are 50%ish+ less effective then what their forumla suggests? Kinda breaks gameplay when all classes are healing significantly less then what they should be.

How it come about?
I updated from the 1.2 release to master branch about a month ago, i general stay a few version behind master branch to not get screwed by bugs on new releases as its happend to me a few times now. When we swapped over players were reporting their healing was significantly effected i thought it was...
Hello,

How it come about?
I updated from the 1.2 release to master branch about a month ago, i general stay a few version behind master branch to not get screwed by bugs on new releases as its happend to me a few times now. When we swapped over players were reporting their healing was significantly effected i thought it was somthing i had done with scripts but i dont think thats the case. I downloaded TFS master branch today and tested on a compltely fresh server with nothing edited.

Whats the problem?
Somthing is broken with healing spell forumlas (maybe other stufff aswell). The healing done is not reflective of the fourmla in the spells script. For example

A level 96 Paladin magic level 18.

Using Exura Gran - Intense healing. The below forumla is from tfs master branch

Lua:
    return min, max
end

I calculated the range of the healing to be

Code:
(96/5)+(18x3.2)+20 = 98
(96/50+(18x3.2)+40 = 156

When i cast a series of exura grans i get the following results

Code:
Mazza — Today at 10:59 AM

same for exura san

Code:
Calulcated range
183 min
338 max

Actual figures from the heal

Code:

Same for exura vita

CSS:
Calculated range
min 385
max 726

Actual healing

Code:
11:45 You healed yourself for 230 hitpoints.
11:45 You healed yourself for 233 hitpoints.
11:45 You healed yourself for 238 hitpoints.

It appears all incoing healing spells are being almost halfed or a bit more? Its weird i want someone else to check im not going crazy or im missing somthing. I remember seeing in source code incoming damage is halfed? could it be healings being treated as damage maybe by mistake?

Could you try the following changes and let us know if it works for you.

Solution
Could you try the following changes and let us know if it works for you.
Yea that appears to have fixed it. I tested on same char as OP and its within calculated range.

P.S I did the below test on my version of TFS not stock TFS but the problem was also on my TFS version aswell. Its fixed on my version of tfs (wich is just some proxy source changes etc shouldnt effect any of this). I cant compile a stock TFS atm busy af but stock tfs is 99% similar to my copy. (the original test in OP was done on latest masterbranch this morning when i was home on pc)

Exura gran result

OLD BUGGED RESULTS
Lua:

NEW FIXED RESULTS
Code:
14:44 You healed yourself for 150 hitpoints.
14:44 You healed yourself for 122 hitpoints.
14:44 You healed yourself for 126 hitpoints.

Exura san results
OLD BUGGED RESULTS
Code:

NEW FIXED RESULTS
Lua:
14:43 You healed yourself for 308 hitpoints.
14:43 You healed yourself for 260 hitpoints.

I havent tested every healing spell i suggest someone downloads and compiles stock TFS just to double test but im confident its fixed. Its weird how no one else noticed it haha

Last edited:
Change
Lua:
    return min, max
end
To
Lua:
function onGetFormulaValues(player, level, maglevel)
    local min = (level / 5) + (maglevel * 3.2) + 20
    local max = (level / 5) + (maglevel * 5.4) + 40
    return min, max
end

This for me work as well :D

Back