• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Blizzard fail?

spice

CABS ARE HERE
Reaction score
I've recently got about 20~ mails from blizzard that my wow account being traded and they need me to verify something. The problem is that I don't even got a wow account...

Here is some of them;

2emg9wx.png

What shall I do to stop blizzard to stop mailing me?

Wow... It's probably automatic and someone probably mistyped there email when registering...

No. These are hack emails, I got many of them. Don't reply and don't go on any website they give you.

I play WoW too, if u want u can add me as a friend, my nme is Zanat1337 there :)

That mails arent from the real wow, they are fake.
I've got many of them also.
Do not reply that mails or go to the sites they gave.
It are hack mails.

Obviously hack mails (Just had to say it one more time!)
lol just delete em and block the sender ^^
cba retards thinking you'll get hacked after the 1000th attempt with the exact same method.

Blizzard only send emails if YOU make it for recive password or anyelse, if your don't make it and "blizzard" sends to you one email, its fake email :p

Resume:
i agree with paxton, these emails are for hack us :p

I think it's funny how like 10 people reply and they all say the same thing o_O

I think it's funny how like 10 people reply and they all say the same thing o_O

I thought the same.

Its hack mail do not open.

Sorry, I wanted to fit in :wub:

Did anyone look at the sender? It from blizzard.com

No one can get a blizzard domain when they have it, or is it just me being an idiot?

I've been getting e-mails like that since a long while too.
I've never really played WoW, so that's why I found it weird.
And that's also the reason why I sent an e-mail to blizzard and this is what the replied.

Blizzard.com said:
Hello,

My name is Cliff, and I'm with Blizzard Billing and Account Services. Thank you for taking the time to email us. I ran a search with your email address, and was unable to locate an account, which leads me to believe you're receiving the "other" emails.

The "other" emails I am referencing, are spam emails sent out by individuals (sometimes companies), trying to steal accounts from players who actually play our game. These emails are actually sent out from non-Blizzard.com emails; they're disguised to appear as coming from Blizzard Entertainment. Unfortunately, much like spam email, they are sent out in random.

We have no real way to control who receives these emails, as the recipients are not on a list of ours. We have made attempts to get the email accounts (that send these out) shut down. However, the emails will probably persist, as chances are, they will create new email accounts with hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc., and will continue to disguise these email as coming from our company.

Examples of these fake emails can be found on our website forum page: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=965511383

I apologize for the fact that you are even receiving these emails. This is not the first time that we have received complaints regarding this. You can try to add "blizzard.com" to your "block sender" or "spam" folder, but seeing as these emails are not actually from us, that won't do much good. I recommend simply deleting any emails you receive that are supposedly from us. I hope this clear things up a bit. I wish there was more that I could offer in regards to these emails.

Sincerely,

Cliff D
Billing and Account Services
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account

Hope it helps you.

Maybe a "cloned" emails. They seems to be a real mail but they just want you to steal your identity.
Scams.

Back