• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Boardpolices

Berga

Artifact
Reaction score
Dear OTLand!

I got a suggestion, how to make OTLand more outstanding.

Okay, as many of us already has seen, alot of people is copying threads from other sites to become more respected here on OTLand. But I got a solution how to solve that problem. I would like to call them Boardpolices. In my opinion, their job will be to delete/edit threads on this site, which may have been copied from another site. I do not mean that their supposed to be deleted immediately, just edited. As I've already sad in another thread many of us is just copying threads to become more respected, and that is just so annoying, so that's why I want OTLand to hire some people to be so called Boardpolices, to make OTLand to a better place. Cause my opinion is that there is no point with this forum if everything already can be found on other sites!

Kind regards, Berga.

You mean people like moderators,
I think it's better that the moderators will do it then hire new people that get acces to delelte/edit threads.

This suggestion of boardpolice is not useful. We have moderators which are the people who delete, moderate, edit and move posts. They are the only people who should and will have access to those funcions.

I think that it is lame..
I find it usefull if they copy it so I don't have to search for it lol.. But I also think that they always should give credits to the correct person.

But guys, maybe the moderators does'nt have time for that. I guess their having some other stuff to do then sit on this site and delete threads. That's why I got this idea.

But guys, maybe the moderators does'nt have time for that. I guess their having some other stuff to do then sit on this site and delete threads. That's why I got this idea.

then maybe otland should get some more moderators instead of creating a new usergroup with the same functions as moderators.

Oh my god, it seems to me that OTLand is only full of guys with IQ like a fish. I sad, the moderators will probably have to update other things on this site, and then it would great to have some other guys like Jester to clean up this site, so the moderators can put all their focus on design and other functions.

Oh my god, it seems to me that OTLand is only full of guys with IQ like a fish. I sad, the moderators will probably have to update other things on this site, and then it would great to have some other guys like Jester to clean up this site, so the moderators can put all their focus on design and other functions.

moderators don´t work with updates, design and other functions that is work for admin and super moderator.

moderators don´t work with updates, design and other functions that is work for admin and super moderator.

Actually that is true. The updates are only worked by talautren or me. Design is not needed for now but yes, moderators have huge job to do. Each one has a board to check on thats why there are global mods. But even for a global mod, its a huge task to check that each one and all of the posts are ontopic and that are not spam. Thats why we still need to improve things. Also because lots of posts are being reported and at the end they are not what others thought they would be. For example, one day I had 0 mails. 1 day has gone past and I have 43 mails. Another day goes by and I have 100 mails. All of them reported posts. I don't always check them all but from now on if I find a report that has been faked, that user that reported it, will be getting an infraction for, lying or facking report to an admin/mod/global mod. I hope you all guys read this and understand this. Becuase there is now reason for people to just report good posts. Also for people to understand that mods arn't always full time helping. They also wanna have a good time in the forum and chat with people. So we don't need police for now. But maybe this suggestion might be added in the future if people actually become active and the forum goes great. For example if for 2008 we have more than 250 users online actively, we might include it. Well I hope you all understood this

thanks for your time,
//The OTLand Staff

@up I can't even handle with reported post now with this crappy system because I can't recieve emails on it.. So I hope the new system comes soon so I can help with it much faster.

I find it usefull if they copy it so I don't have to search for it lol.. But I also think that they always should give credits to the correct person.
agree with you.

Question for anyone who wants to answer this.
anyone who disagrees with Master-M should really think about what thier about to say.
people are basically saying they can read some article off one site and change some words to make it thier 'own' arcticle and not give credits?
I simply recommend that if theres an article on another site and someone has copied it here and given the correct credits then there is no harm done,
don't get me wrong, i hate people who will go out and rip stuff and call it thier own,
people like that are lame and can't create thier own masterpeices, aside from this
there shouldn't be a problem,
but yeah, thats my 2 cents,
Didn't mean any harm by my comments so my appologies if anyones offended.

~Krypt

Back