• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Bonus exp/loot for hard hunts

Marceklos

Reaction score
Hello community!

I'd like to implement a system where players would gain a xp and/or loot bonus when they are on a hunt with high difficult for its character. E.g a lvl 20 knight hunting dragons.
That might be tricky since it may open room for cheating with a higher level friend.
Also obviously tricky to identify that the players is hunting something hard.
I wouldn't enjoy having to manually configure level ranges for each monsters and each vocation. That not only would be tedious but I don't really know what monster should each vocation be hunting at given level (I'm not an active player since forever).
The manual approach is also bad because at some places a given monster can be easy to hunt, but at others it might be hard due to other monsters coming together or just the sheer amount.
My best idea is to calculate "damage potential" on player's screen. That would work getting from all monsters chasing the player the maximum damage it can deal with all its spells and do some math against player's total health, armor and skills. Or something close to this.

I'd love to see if any of you can come up with a more accessible idea or would start from my initial idea and unwind it into a feasible strategy.

Back