• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

boost 1.34.1 & boost.asio for mgw (Dev-Cpp) (except python lib)

Vagabond

Reaction score
It also contains libbz2, because it was required to compile boost's iostream library for some reason.

I doubt all of these libraries will be used, but some of them are required to compile OTServ (libboost-regex-mgw-1_34_1.a, libboost-system-mgw-1_34_1.a).

libboost-filesystem-mgw-1_34_1.a is required to compile my .pic editor and wrzasq's xml2sql program.

Dev-C++ Package (DevPak):
http://www.otrevolutiondownloads.net/OT_Revolution_Downloads_Files/devpaks/boost-1_34_1.DevPak

Last edited:
Installed the package, but still I couldn't compile TFS latest rev.
I also added some files from sourceforge: boost_asio_0.3.7

Code:
In file included from C:/Documents and Settings/Jon-Henrik/Skrivebord/Dev-Cpp/include/boost/asio/detail/win_local_free_on_block_exit.hpp:27,
                 from C:/Documents and Settings/Jon-Henrik/Skrivebord/Dev-Cpp/include/boost/asio/system_exception.hpp:33,
                 from C:/Documents and Settings/Jon-Henrik/Skrivebord/Dev-Cpp/include/boost/asio/detail/win_mutex.hpp:26,
                 from C:/Documents and Settings/Jon-Henrik/Skrivebord/Dev-Cpp/include/boost/asio/detail/mutex.hpp:27,
                 from C:/Documents and Settings/Jon-Henrik/Skrivebord/Dev-Cpp/include/boost/asio/detail/service_registry.hpp:25,
                 from C:/Documents and Settings/Jon-Henrik/Skrivebord/Dev-Cpp/include/boost/asio/io_service.hpp:32,
                 from C:/Documents and Settings/Jon-Henrik/Skrivebord/Dev-Cpp/include/boost/asio/basic_io_object.hpp:20,
                 from C:/Documents and Settings/Jon-Henrik/Skrivebord/Dev-Cpp/include/boost/asio/basic_socket.hpp:20,
                 from C:/Documents and Settings/Jon-Henrik/Skrivebord/Dev-Cpp/include/boost/asio/basic_datagram_socket.hpp:25,
                 from C:/Documents and Settings/Jon-Henrik/Skrivebord/Dev-Cpp/include/boost/asio.hpp:18,
                 from connection.h:25,
                 from admin.cpp:24:
C:/Documents and Settings/Jon-Henrik/Skrivebord/Dev-Cpp/include/boost/asio/detail/socket_types.hpp:44:1: warning: "FD_SETSIZE" redefined
In file included from otsystem.h:37,
                 from admin.h:79,
                 from admin.cpp:22:
C:/Documents and Settings/Jon-Henrik/Skrivebord/Dev-Cpp/include/winsock2.h:38:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from admin.cpp:24:
connection.h:114: error: `boost::system' has not been declared
connection.h:114: error: expected `,' or `...' before '&' token
connection.h:114: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `error_code' with no type
connection.h:115: error: `boost::system' has not been declared
connection.h:115: error: expected `,' or `...' before '&' token
connection.h:115: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `error_code' with no type
connection.h:117: error: `boost::system' has not been declared
connection.h:117: error: expected `,' or `...' before '&' token
connection.h:117: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `error_code' with no type

connection.h:119: error: `boost::system' has not been declared

connection.h:119: error: expected `,' or `...' before '&' token
connection.h:119: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `error_code' with no type
connection.h:120: error: `boost::system' has not been declared
connection.h:120: error: expected `,' or `...' before '&' token
connection.h:120: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `error_code' with no type

make.exe: *** [admin.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

Last edited:
Oh yeah, i am getting same problem after installed this package..
maybe the screts are in linker and directories of includes...

Is possible you explain "of how to install and to do to work? "

Thx in advance xD

try this one: http://www.otrevolutiondownloads.net/OT_Revolution_Downloads_Files/devpaks/boost-1_34_1.DevPak

I managed to compile boost.python too, so that's in there. :>

I messed up in putting together the devpak. I didn't add a "/" at the end of "include" so it thought it was a file and not a directory, sorry.
fixed first post, too.

(btw, always use the newest version of libraries whenever possible. 0.3.7 isn't the newest version of asio, and you probably didn't use the boost.asio link anyway, but only the plain asio one)

Last edited:
Okey, seems to compile correctly now.

Edit: Almost, just need to get the boost/asio linker!

Last edited:
What am I missing?!

Code:
"The Forgotten Server.exe" -L"C:/Documents and Settings/Jon-Henrik/Skrivebord/Dev-Cpp/lib" -mwindows -lgmp -lluasql-mysql -lluasql-sqlite3 -llua5.1 -lmysql -lregex -lsqlite3 -lwsock32 -lxml2 -lmysql -lws2_32 -s  

admin.o(.text$_ZNK5boost6system12system_error4whatEv[boost::system::system_error::what() const]+0xe4):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `boost::system::error_code::message() const'
connection.o(.text+0x1a70):connection.cpp: undefined reference to `boost::system::error_code::new_category(int (*)(boost::system::error_code const&), std::string (*)(boost::system::error_code const&), std::basic_string<wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t>, std::allocator<wchar_t> > (*)(boost::system::error_code const&))'
server.o(.text+0xdcc):server.cpp: undefined reference to `boost::system::error_code::new_category(int (*)(boost::system::error_code const&), std::string (*)(boost::system::error_code const&), std::basic_string<wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t>, std::allocator<wchar_t> > (*)(boost::system::error_code const&))'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make.exe: *** ["The] Error 1

Execution terminated

Here i get undefinied referencie to WSASend... and other WinSock2 functions. Can anyone help me? x.x

HELP PLEASE!

Code:
Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\Tuninho\Desktop\porra\Copy of forgottenserver\devcpp\Makefile.win"
Executing  make...
make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\Tuninho\Desktop\porra\Copy of forgottenserver\devcpp\Makefile.win" all
windres.exe -i TheForgottenServer_private.rc --input-format=rc -o TheForgottenServer_private.res -O coff 

g++.exe ../account.o ../actions.o ../admin.o ../allocator.o ../ban.o ../baseevents.o ../chat.o ../combat.o ../commands.o ../condition.o ../configmanager.o ../connection.o ../container.o ../creature.o ../creatureevent.o ../cylinder.o ../database.o ../databasemysql.o ../databasesqlite.o ../depot.o ../exception.o ../fileloader.o ../game.o ../gui.o ../house.o ../housetile.o ../inputbox.o ../ioguild.o ../iologindata.o ../iomap.o ../iomapserialize.o ../item.o ../items.o ../logger.o ../luascript.o ../mailbox.o ../map.o ../md5.o ../monster.o ../monsters.o ../movement.o ../networkmessage.o ../npc.o ../otserv.o ../outfit.o ../outputmessage.o ../party.o ../player.o ../playerbox.o ../position.o ../protocol80.o ../protocol.o ../protocollogin.o ../quests.o ../raids.o ../rsa.o ../scheduler.o ../scriptmanager.o ../server.o ../spawn.o ../spells.o ../status.o ../talkaction.o ../tasks.o ../teleport.o ../textlogger.o ../thing.o ../tile.o ../tools.o ../trashholder.o ../vocation.o ../waitlist.o ../weapons.o TheForgottenServer_private.res -o "OTServ.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/others/lua-5.1/lib" -mwindows -llibxml2 -llua -lmysql -lgmp -lsqlite3 -llualib -s -lluasql-mysql -lluasql-sqlite3 -lboost-system-mgw-1_34_1 -lws2_32 -lboost-regex-mgw-1_34_1 -lwsock32 -lexpat -lregex  

../house.o:house.cpp:(.text+0x8479): undefined reference to `boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char>::init()::null_string'
../house.o:house.cpp:(.text+0x852b): undefined reference to `boost::object_cache<boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char>, boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char> >::do_get(boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char> const&, unsigned int)::s_data'
../house.o:house.cpp:(.text+0x8530): undefined reference to `boost::object_cache<boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char>, boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char> >::do_get(boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char> const&, unsigned int)::s_data'
../house.o:house.cpp:(.text+0x8547): undefined reference to `boost::object_cache<boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char>, boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char> >::do_get(boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char> const&, unsigned int)::s_data'
../house.o:house.cpp:(.text+0x8598): undefined reference to `boost::object_cache<boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char>, boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char> >::do_get(boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char> const&, unsigned int)::s_data'
../house.o:house.cpp:(.text+0x85e9): undefined reference to `boost::cpp_regex_traits<char>::get_catalog_name_inst()::s_name'
../status.o:status.cpp:(.text+0xc4c): undefined reference to `_imp__xmlFree'
../teleport.o:teleport.cpp:(.text+0x572): undefined reference to `_imp__xmlFree'
../teleport.o:teleport.cpp:(.text+0x5a2): undefined reference to `_imp__xmlFree'
../teleport.o:teleport.cpp:(.text+0x5cc): undefined reference to `_imp__xmlFree'
../tools.o:tools.cpp:(.text+0x30): undefined reference to `_imp__xmlFree'
../tools.o:tools.cpp:(.text+0x80): more undefined references to `_imp__xmlFree' follow

make.exe: *** [OTServ.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated

I have somethink like this:
Code:
waitlist.cpp: In member function `bool Waitlist::clientLogin(const Player*)':
waitlist.cpp:97: error: `Status' undeclared (first use this function)
waitlist.cpp:97: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
waitlist.cpp:97: error: `status' undeclared (first use this function)
waitlist.cpp:97: error: `Status' has not been declared

make.exe: *** [waitlist.o] Error 1

Please Vagabond help, i know you know what is wrong ;)

I have somethink like this:
Code:
waitlist.cpp: In member function `bool Waitlist::clientLogin(const Player*)':
waitlist.cpp:97: error: `Status' undeclared (first use this function)
waitlist.cpp:97: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
waitlist.cpp:97: error: `status' undeclared (first use this function)
waitlist.cpp:97: error: `Status' has not been declared

make.exe: *** [waitlist.o] Error 1

Please Vagabond help, i know you know what is wrong ;)
seems like status.cpp isn't included in your project. o_O

Ok, it is fixed in newest revision ;)

But now i have this problem, and not only me, but more peoples:

Code:
admin.o(.text+0x20f):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `Connection::closeConnection()'
admin.o(.text+0x322):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `Connection::closeConnection()'
admin.o(.text+0x422):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `Connection::closeConnection()'
admin.o(.text+0x566):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::getOutputMessage(Protocol*, bool)'

admin.o(.text+0x5f3):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::send(OutputMessage*)'
admin.o(.text+0x644):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::~OutputMessagePool()'
admin.o(.text+0x7fc):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::getOutputMessage(Protocol*, bool)'
admin.o(.text+0x98a):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::releaseMessage(OutputMessage*, bool)'
admin.o(.text+0x99d):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `Connection::closeConnection()'
admin.o(.text+0x9f8):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::send(OutputMessage*)'
admin.o(.text+0xc32):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `Connection::closeConnection()'
admin.o(.text+0xc86):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::send(OutputMessage*)'
admin.o(.text+0xd8c):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `Connection::closeConnection()'
admin.o(.text+0xddd):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::send(OutputMessage*)'
admin.o(.text+0xfe0):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `Connection::closeConnection()'
admin.o(.text+0x25b4):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::send(OutputMessage*)'
admin.o(.text+0x25c7):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `Connection::closeConnection()'
admin.o(.text+0x2ae1):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::send(OutputMessage*)'
admin.o(.text+0x2b07):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::releaseMessage(OutputMessage*, bool)'
admin.o(.text+0x2c56):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::getOutputMessage(Protocol*, bool)'
admin.o(.text+0x2d84):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::send(OutputMessage*)'

admin.o(.text+0x2ec9):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::send(OutputMessage*)'
admin.o(.text+0x302a):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::send(OutputMessage*)'
admin.o(.text+0x309d):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::getOutputMessage(Protocol*, bool)'
admin.o(.text+0x32fb):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::send(OutputMessage*)'
admin.o(.text$_ZN17OutputMessagePool11getInstanceEv[OutputMessagePool::getInstance()]+0x17):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::OutputMessagePool()'
admin.o(.text$_ZNK5boost6system12system_error4whatEv[boost::system::system_error::what() const]+0xe4):admin.cpp: undefined reference to `boost::system::error_code::message() const'
game.o(.text+0x17f6):game.cpp: undefined reference to `Server::stop()'
otserv.o(.text+0x1de6):otserv.cpp: undefined reference to `Server::Server(unsigned int, unsigned short)'
otserv.o(.text+0x1fc2):otserv.cpp: undefined reference to `Server::~Server()'
otserv.o(.text+0x1fe8):otserv.cpp: undefined reference to `Server::~Server()'
protocol.o(.text+0x1b2):protocol.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::releaseMessage(OutputMessage*, bool)'
protocol.o(.text+0x1de):protocol.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::~OutputMessagePool()'
protocol.o(.text+0x68a):protocol.cpp: undefined reference to `Connection::getIP() const'
protocol80.o(.text+0x179b):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::getOutputMessage(Protocol*, bool)'
protocol80.o(.text+0x1966):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::send(OutputMessage*)'
protocol80.o(.text+0x1979):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `Connection::closeConnection()'
protocol80.o(.text+0x1c44):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::~OutputMessagePool()'
protocol80.o(.text+0x1d59):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `Connection::closeConnection()'
protocol80.o(.text+0x1df6):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `Connection::closeConnection()'
protocol80.o(.text+0x1e5f):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `Connection::closeConnection()'
protocol80.o(.text+0x21b9):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `Connection::closeConnection()'
protocol80.o(.text+0x263c):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::getOutputMessage(Protocol*, bool)'
protocol80.o(.text+0x267a):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::send(OutputMessage*)'
protocol80.o(.text+0x268d):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `Connection::closeConnection()'
protocol80.o(.text$_ZN8Protocol15getOutputBufferEv[Protocol::getOutputBuffer()]+0x41):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::getOutputMessage(Protocol*, bool)'
status.o(.text+0x24e):status.cpp: undefined reference to `Connection::closeConnection()'
status.o(.text+0x38f):status.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::getOutputMessage(Protocol*, bool)'
status.o(.text+0x417):status.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::send(OutputMessage*)'
status.o(.text+0x52e):status.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::getOutputMessage(Protocol*, bool)'
status.o(.text+0x568):status.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::send(OutputMessage*)'
status.o(.text+0x585):status.cpp: undefined reference to `Connection::closeConnection()'
status.o(.text+0x5c2):status.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::~OutputMessagePool()'
tasks.o(.text+0x46b):tasks.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::startExecutionFrame()'

tasks.o(.text+0x4a5):tasks.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::sendAll()'
tasks.o(.text+0x4c8):tasks.cpp: undefined reference to `OutputMessagePool::~OutputMessagePool()'

make.exe: *** [TheForgottenServer.exe] Error 1

You know whats wrong? And you have same when you compile?

I don't work with TFS. But my guess is that you're using your old TFS project file with new TFS, which has about 10 new files added ;) so why don't you try re-adding ALL the .cpp and .h files in the source folder into your project? :p

I really like to finish my weakly TFS Sources but for some reason i cant open the .devpack file

Back