• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Bug in TFS 0.2.9 - gainhpticks

SagaciousDaemon

Reaction score
Bug in TFS 0.2.9 - gainhpticks - REV 532

I don't know what's going on, but I have a rookgard on my server, and when I'm using a no vocation character, I edited the vocations xml for a player with no vocation to:

Code:
<vocation id="0" name="None" description="none" gaincap="5" gainhp="5" gainmana="5" gainhpticks="6" gainhpamount="10" gainmanaticks="6" gainmanaamount="10" manamultiplier="4.0" attackspeed="500" soulmax="100" gainsoulticks="120" fromvoc="0">
		<formula meleeDamage="1.0" distDamage="1.0" defense="1.0" armor="1.0"/> 
		<skill id="0" multiplier="1.5"/>
		<skill id="1" multiplier="2.0"/>
		<skill id="2" multiplier="2.0"/>
		<skill id="3" multiplier="2.0"/>
		<skill id="4" multiplier="2.0"/>
		<skill id="5" multiplier="1.5"/>
		<skill id="6" multiplier="1.1"/>

Afterwards, I saved then loaded the server, and I was on a no vocation character, but and the attack speed sped up but he still only gained 1 hp and 1 mana at a time...

UPDATE/NOTICE:

I found out what was going on. Whatever the vocations.xml is set at when you CREATE the character controls it permanently, until you change your vocation with the Oracle.

For example:
1. Created Level 1 - No vocation - gainhpticks="1" gainhpamount="3"

2. Killed a rat and ate food, it is working correctly so far.

3. Decided to change the vocations.xml and I change no vocation to
gainhpticks="3" gainhpamount="5" and then I turn the server off, save, then reload the server.

4. I log on that level 1 again, I kill a rat, eat food, but it still heals 3 every 1 second, it ignores the new gainhpticks="3" gainhpamount="5" but instead still uses gainhpticks="1" gainhpamount="3"

5. I get level 8 and go to main as a sorcerer. The sorcerer is set to gainhpticks="6" gainhpamount="5" - I eat, and it heals 5hp every 6 seconds.

6. I log off the sorcerer, turn the server off, I go into my database, and I start the sorcerer over, I don't lower any stats, but I change his vocation back to 0 and I make him spawn in rook again.

7. I turn the server back on, I get on the now no vocation again, I kill a rat and eat, I gain 5hp every 6 seconds.

8. I then double checked, the character has no vocation so should be (gainhpticks="3" gainhpamount="5") I checked the database too, his vocation is 0... But still he is gaining hp like he's still a sorcerer. The same thing happens with gaining mana too.

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether it's a bug in the REV or if it's a personal mistake, but I checked over everything I did, and I made sure I did it perfect and it still happens, so I don't believe it's me doing it.

Back