• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Bumping other users threads. (This is also a suggestion!)

Fablow

Intermediate OT User
Content Editor
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Fablow77
Ok, I really want to address this. This is ongoing, and it has seems to be attracting new users to do this. Users, should NOT be allowed to bump other users threads. Now, this does break the FORUM rules and I don't see why no moderator takes action. Bumping other users threads, does break the first rule:

1. Offtopic messages:
Posting messages that have no relevance to the topic of the thread you are posting in will lead to your post being deleted. Repeated posting of offtopic messages may lead to a punishment.

Now to back this up, posting Bump to a thread about anything has NO RELEVANCE to the TOPIC OF THE THREAD. This only bumps the other users thread. Now, bumping is only allowed every 24hours PER thread. You should clarify that rule so ONLY the TOPIC STARTER can bump a thread every 24hours. This comes to my second conclusion, it could break the Bumping rule by bumping another users thread below 24HOURS.

Please make a rule, or clarify the bumping rule so only THREAD STARTER can only bump threads.

P.S If your going to say it doesn't not break the rule, then ask yourself, "Is saying BUMP to a Fibula Map Piece, relevant?"

I disagree because if 2 different people are in search of the same thing, i believe it should be allowed.

It doesn't really need to be said "Bump"

They can actually say anything else.

Posting anything not relevant to the topic of the thread, is considered spam. (Is it not?)

And if you wanted to bump another users thread, you could post something relevant.

There is a search function for a reason....

and if it doesn't exist around otland? someone thinks of an idea and someone else likes the idea and wants it aswell.

Your point is not valid and this thread is pointless. Good day.

and if it doesn't exist around otland? someone thinks of an idea and someone else likes the idea and wants it aswell.

Your point is not valid and this thread is pointless. Good day.

Wait....did you just tell me the search function doesn't exist on Otland? :S :/

Not to be a party pooper to all of the good samaritans, but all of these complaints are just petty. What people complain about nowadays are in no way, shape or form harmfully affecting the community. Why complain about every small thing you can find for a badge of honor/recognition when there are much larger problems lurking around?

As owned stated, this thread is pointless.

No harm in this post, just stating the truth.

They bitch and complain about pointless things to make themselves feel better, because deep down inside they know they will never amount to anything and they feel that if they bitch enough it will make themselves feel better.... Bump!

Wait....did you just tell me the search function doesn't exist on Otland? :S :/

No retard, i said what if what the person is searching for doesn't exist. Read it over a few more time and you might pick up on it.

They bitch and complain about pointless things to make themselves feel better, because deep down inside they know they will never amount to anything and they feel that if they bitch enough it will make themselves feel better.... Bump!

I like this new guy already.

@collz What? I don't just sit here and complain about every useless thing? Some people just keep seeing 'Bump' in some of the threads. I don't just sit here and think of stuff to complain about.

@GH0ST3R I'm not doing this to make me feel better...It just looks bad when threads are filled with people just bumping them. I don't see how my feelings have to do with this.....

p.s Nice to see a new Canadian to Otland :).

we cannot be that severe, otherwise everyone on the forum would be getting their posts deleted

@Topic
If there is too much spam in a thread, we usually delete the posts and warn people that further spamming would receive warnings, but like owned said, 2 people might want the answer for the same thing, would you rather have the other person make a thread about the same issue?

2 people might want the answer for the same thing, would you rather have the other person make a thread about the same issue?

Usually, yes.

If the topic is 2 years old and the user bumps it for help I'd say: make a new topic.
If it's just a day, then a bump would suffice.

Pour example:

If I am the co-owner of the project and my owner is inactive. Its okay to bump his thread.. I can't see anything illegal in this :)

Usually, yes.

If the topic is 2 years old and the user bumps it for help I'd say: make a new topic.
If it's just a day, then a bump would suffice.
With this I agree, many things have changed in 2 years, and the thread might be outdated, but if the topic is 1 week or something, then like you said, a bump is enough
Agreed!

People should only bump their own threads.
if you don't want people to bump your threads, just write on the first post saying that you don't want other people bumping this, this is only acceptable in stuff like advertising and your own mapping thread, other kinds of threads like discussions, they are open for everyone, so everyone should also be allowed to bump

I agree, it should be considered spam. A lot of rules aren't enforced, especially in the Resources & Support areas. I would like to see them more strictly enforced in the future. <_<

Examples:

1. http://otland.net/f132/board-rules-requests-113384/
2. http://otland.net/f16/no-support-private-svn-forgotten-server-0-4-here-132978/

I could probably find at least 100 threads that violate these rules. Thread titles are ridiculous and lack of information within request/support threads leads to continuous spam and confusion.

Report them, I am active, but I don't have the time to go around the board to see what is breaking the rules, i usually only see the reports