• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Buy Member Prem.

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
As the title states:- There was a time when i intended to reward a contest winner with premium here. But accidently bought my self it :p (was intending to buy my self aswell though)

anyway,

I know i could always transfer the money to their paypal but i think there should be an option that allows to donate for another member.

(as simple as that)

Regards

In a logical way, you can't let someone enjoy the reward of donating if he didn't donate himself.

Isn't there already something like this? Maybe there is such option, but only for moderators.

Wat good is it to normal members then?

@topic
Signed!

Like I said, I'm not really sure.
Would be a nice feature to have, I could plan some kind of event (separate from mapping contests).

Surely it doesn't matter who donates, if the donator wishes for someone else to have the reward then it is up to them to do so?

Allowing the buy member option will not harm the community and infact improve it (iguess) more wirth while competitions (unofficial) and most likely there will be an increase in donations slightly.. Which can go to improving the community (maybe?)

Regards

Sponsored premium subscriptions. I like that. :p

Or buy premium tickets, which optionally is visible on the profile page.

A user could host a contest, and tell the winner gets a premium ticket, and the users could verify that he actually has one premium ticket for disposal available.
(not that I think this will happen).

Last edited:
@up but it's an alternative idea tbh.

Though anything that would allow us to buy others prem is fine. (without handing over your card/bank details or your otland details).

The ticket idea is probably alot harder than just allowing "gift member" to the prem payment section? ;)

The contest thing also seems nice. But some people could cheat? :p

How? I hosted one in spriting boards. Ips can be checked for dupes, and users would not be accepted if not x time since created and possibly x post/activity counts.

Not any different to mod hosted contests?

- - - Updated - - -

I think a gift member is suffice

Back