• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ in OTs

Danny2020

Reaction score
GitHub
Danskyy8
hey guys im new here, atm I have been learning python for about a month or so and will continue to do so, just wondering all tibia servers work as c++ only? if ya is there instructions about c++ regarding tibia

The Forgotten Server is written in C++, which controls most of the in-game variables and algorithms.

Lua is the scripting language for Tibia OTs and provides you the ability to create in-game things like new quests, events, spells, etc.

The only other language that is worth mentioning is XML, which I believe they are attempting to move away from. Mostly is just used for the monsters.xml index file and various other indexes like vocations, promotions, etc.

Other than that, there are a few web services that are provided as well. Those are most likely going to be written in PHP.

EDIT: Didn't realize this post is old as fuck. Came up on a suggested post when I was reading another.

The Forgotten Server is written in C++, which controls most of the in-game variables and algorithms.

Lua is the scripting language for Tibia OTs and provides you the ability to create in-game things like new quests, events, spells, etc.

The only other language that is worth mentioning is XML, which I believe they are attempting to move away from. Mostly is just used for the monsters.xml index file and various other indexes like vocations, promotions, etc.

Other than that, there are a few web services that are provided as well. Those are most likely going to be written in PHP.

EDIT: Didn't realize this post is old as fuck. Came up on a suggested post when I was reading another.
It's actually not that old. Just few months.

Back