• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Can distros run under windows 64b?

rockseller

Lua & .NET Programmer
Reaction score
i'm about to order a dedicated server, has someone ever used windows 64b OS, and noticed a downgrade in performance? or the contrary?

which OS is it?
i've run OTS on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit without any problem at all.

which OS is it?
i've run OTS on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit without any problem at all.

It would be Windows Server 2003 Web Edition, i can go 64b over 32b, but i don't know the differences. All i know is that the server has 6GB RAM, but if i go with 32b, it will go down to about 3GB(?), so i don't know what to do

It would be Windows Server 2003 Web Edition, i can go 64b over 32b, but i don't know the differences. All i know is that the server has 6GB RAM, but if i go with 32b, it will go down to about 3GB(?), so i don't know what to do
well it'll run on a 64bit machine, but unless you patch it to 64bit it'll only run in 32bit mode... not sure if 32bit apps can use more than 3.5gb RAM (never really needed to check sorry), but if you can patch the server distro then you should be able to run it fully 64bit and enjoy yummy 6gb of RAM :)

Back