• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Can someone point me in the right direction ?

finfor

Reaction score
Hey guys

Im looking for directions, it doesnt have to be a tutorial (one would be delightful).

Im successfully running a dedicated OTsverbr 12x Canary with Znoteacc and XAMPP for like a week now (Just me and my friends, about 10 people), so it has been getting kind of tedious to keep my pc running or to turn it up when they want to play so we were talking about just hosting it.

i haven't been able to find like a guide to migrate this localhost server to something like google cloud services, im able to get the virtual machine going but im lost on how to make that work for the server that i already have (it would really suck if we lost a week of progress)

anything helps. it doesnt have to be a full guide just "u have to do this and that" and i can do the rest (but a tutorial would be awesome)

thanks you!

Start xampp and access phpMyAdmin http://localhost/phpmyadmin
Then export your database, install everything on your vm but instead of adding the schema.sql file you just import your database file which you exported
Now everything should be working like before on your local pc

Hey there :)

I really think it depends on where you want to go with your otserv.

If you just want to host for your friends get any vps / dedicated from a hosting company in your region.
I would not recommend any of the big cloud provider (azure, aws, gcp) due to it's high pricing :)

Then just follow the steps Evil Hero provided you. Install Xampp (or Uniz, Nginx, ..), export your db, import db, open ports, done.

If you want to open up your otserv to everyone remember to secure up your webserver with ssl/tls certificate (https) or any other security tools (cloudflare).

Back