• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Can you turn soul points off?

failkin

Solutions
Reaction score
After 20 hours of head bashing my way through this forum I finally managed to get a server working and I was wondering if this was a thing? Tsf 1.2 if that matters.

Solution
well basically im playing alone which means no economy and being able to make runes while im not playing would be fantastic. Is there an easyish way to turn off soul points? I saw someone say in another post that it was hardwired into the client but that was a post about 8.something. im in 10.98 if it helps.
Afaik he was trying to hide them from the client, which is very easily doable if you are using OTClient - but that's something else.

To remove the soulcost from conjuring you will have to do changes on the server side, all you have to do is remove soul="1" in spells.xml
XML:
<instant group="support" spellid="42" name="Food" words="exevo pan" level="14" mana="120" soul="1" cooldown="2000" groupcooldown="2000"...
Mostly is disabling it something a novice can do where's the file for it? If its too much trouble its probably not worth it to me because I am just not great at this stuff lol.

Mostly is disabling it something a novice can do where's the file for it? If its too much trouble its probably not worth it to me because I am just not great at this stuff lol.
Noone started great, don't give up that early.
Here is a line responsible for souls being changed after spell casts, but you can also just remove the cost from spells.xml

well basically im playing alone which means no economy and being able to make runes while im not playing would be fantastic. Is there an easyish way to turn off soul points? I saw someone say in another post that it was hardwired into the client but that was a post about 8.something. im in 10.98 if it helps.

Afaik he was trying to hide them from the client, which is very easily doable if you are using OTClient - but that's something else.

To remove the soulcost from conjuring you will have to do changes on the server side, all you have to do is remove soul="1" in spells.xml
XML:
<instant group="support" spellid="42" name="Food" words="exevo pan" level="14" mana="120" soul="1" cooldown="2000" groupcooldown="2000" aggressive="0" needlearn="0" script="support/food.lua">
change it to
XML:
<instant group="support" spellid="42" name="Food" words="exevo pan" level="14" mana="120" cooldown="2000" groupcooldown="2000" aggressive="0" needlearn="0" script="support/food.lua">

Last edited:
Solution
Back