• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] [8.60] DeathZot | 99% Custom Map | 22 Vocations | Over 200 New Items | Prestige | Dungeons

Server Website/AAC
http://deathzot.net
Server Address
deathzot.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
Honestly speaking, this OT has a cool system for gear, etc... however it's completely unbalanced in terms of gear so PVP on it is shit, pure shit, undisputed shit.
Anyone with better gear = "wins", there is little to no skill aspect in this server.

Secondly, it lacks content... It's basically a boring grind fest to get higher tier gear, and for what? lol... It's boring as hell to play if you've played it before because there is no content, all you do is grind mobs..
The anni quests are pure shit, anyone who actually needs those tier items when they are at the level to do those quests must be retarded.

Work on content, quests, add spells, etc... because it was boring for me and my friends last time we played and it was the same boring content again this time we played.
Grinding levels with no fun/goals in between is ass.

Honestly speaking, this OT has a cool system for gear, etc... however it's completely unbalanced in terms of gear so PVP on it is shit, pure shit, undisputed shit.
Anyone with better gear = "wins", there is little to no skill aspect in this server.

Secondly, it lacks content... It's basically a boring grind fest to get higher tier gear, and for what? lol... It's boring as hell to play if you've played it before because there is no content, all you do is grind mobs..
The anni quests are pure shit, anyone who actually needs those tier items when they are at the level to do those quests must be retarded.

Work on content, quests, add spells, etc... because it was boring for me and my friends last time we played and it was the same boring content again this time we played.
LOL. Make up your own goals then.
Goal 1: Get T14
Goal 2: Get 2nd rebirth
Goal 3: Get 200 prestiges
Goal 4: Kill random pkers
Goal 5: Get past Ctrl in lvls and tier

fkn nob

It's not really possible to have complete and utter balance when people are allowed to combine their vocation with any other vocation without limitation.
There is obviously going to be 2 extremes in a system like this.
  1. Vocation has extremely good synergy to the point where it's probably very imbalanced.
  2. Vocation has absolutely no synergy to the point where you may as well just have 1 vocation.

The fun part about deathzot is the aspect of combining vocations and seeing what you can come up with, trying to make a really powerful character, pair this with the sheer number of vocations and it should keep most people occupied for a while.
I do agree that there is a lack of "content" if by content you mean quests, but the server has a shit load of things to do, you just need to be willing to do them.

On the topic of PvP, just because it's different than real tibias "press magic wall > count to 3 > hold sd > throw in occasional ue" doesn't make it "shit, pure shit, undisputed shit".
It is completely fair to say you don't enjoy it, but it's somewhat unfair for you to come on to an advertisement thread and leave such a negative comment about something with no explanation.
  • Why don't you like PvP?
  • What's wrong with it?
  • What would you like to see different?
This is assuming the "better gear = win" comment wasn't your reason for PvP being shit. If it was, then I must ask what MMO isn't "better gear/character = win" to some extent at it's core... That is sorta the point of progression.
Check out this article if you are interested: MMO Mechanics: Comparing vertical and horizontal progression

The rest of your feedback is great. We are going to try to add new vocations, it just takes time to think up ideas for all the different styles of combat. Magic is super easy, I could make mages all day... But I think it would be really bad if there were 30 magic vocations and only 5 others.
I wish I could sit down and pump out quests but in all honesty, I am really bad at think up quest content. Also rewards are somewhat difficult on Deathzot as people tend to abuse every little thing they can such as making 500 characters to receive multiple quest rewards. Giving players a Tier 3 item would not be rewarding enough to validate the addition of said quest, on the flip side, giving a Tier 10 item would probably be so rewarding that players would opt to just create alternate characters to farm the quest rather than play the actual game. It's hard to find a good balance between a worthwhile reward and a waste of time.

P.S.
Weren't you the one spamming the forum about how you were going to be the best, the only best, and nothing but the best. The Almighty Maou, God Amongst Men?

WelzDeq.jpg

Oh yea it was you... I guess you got rekt?

I mean if by rekt you mean how I took 2 minutes to write how your OT is boring and you took 30 to type up a response then yeh, I got rekt.

There's a problem with goal 4. The problem is that each tier is exponentially better. There is no diminishing returns in this ot and it completely ruins the fun. Yes, gear should be important, but how important? instead of getting 20k hp, 40k hp, 80k hp. Why not after a certain tier, when it becomes very tedious and long to keep progressing, does it slow down? It makes so much more sense and I believe would be much more enjoyable, if gear meant something, but not as much after a certain benchmark (tier 5 for example). You don't need to keep gaining 20k, 50k, 100k, stats with each new tier. Especially when the person who is sitting at tier 6 feels 2x stronger then the person at tier 5. (Where as it should feel like the person in t6 feels 2x stronger than the person in tier 3, not 5) The gear grind is fun. But one tier shouldn't mean the world of difference as it did when i played.

Also, take out goal 3, without actually hunting for more than hours at a time you simply won't have enough gold to get 200 prestiges.... No more transmute ? This should add more gold orbs or something this means even more grinding runic orbs should be 200 instead of 100 which means... Harder to get tier :(

The problem is that each tier is exponentially better.
Each tier is not exponentially better. If you check helmets for example, each tier jump (other than 1-2) gives an extra 60% damage multiplier. This means the difference between Tier 2 and Tier 3 is double damage and the difference between Tier 13 and Tier 14 is actually <10%. The same logic applies to defense, due to the armor formula, each piece gives around the same boost to mitigation. The only stat that increases "exponentially" is regeneration and that is because giving players 100 regen per tier would be useless as higher level players would hardly notice 1,000 health regeneration @Tier 10.

Each tier is not exponentially better. If you check helmets for example, each tier jump (other than 1-2) gives an extra 60% damage multiplier. This means the difference between Tier 2 and Tier 3 is double damage and the difference between Tier 13 and Tier 14 is actually <10%. The same logic applies to defense, due to the armor formula, each piece gives around the same boost to mitigation. The only stat that increases "exponentially" is regeneration and that is because giving players 100 regen per tier would be useless as higher level players would hardly notice 1,000 health regeneration @Tier 10.

then the problem lies in the earlier tiers where the power spikes are just too noticeable. Do you think, from launch when there is 400 active players, that most of them make it to tier 14? or is most player base around mid tiers before quitting. My three friends and I all quit at tier 7 or 8, Because the next tier same vocation was just too powerful compared to us. Which feeling powerful is fine if better geared, but not that much ^.^ Tier 7 shouldn't be allowed to smash his keyboard standing there using bad rotations and win vs a tier 6. If i recall it was shade vs shade in the frost giant??? spawn. He even had multiple mobs on him and still somehow managed to completely smash. It's just not fun playing mid-game which is where most people get too after a few weeks and then having a one tier higher person just be unkillable. I'd rather have skills with meaningful effects and proper cooldowns rather than one tier higher > all.

then the problem lies in the earlier tiers where the power spikes are just too noticeable. Do you think, from launch when there is 400 active players, that most of them make it to tier 14? or is most player base around mid tiers before quitting. My three friends and I all quit at tier 7 or 8, Because the next tier same vocation was just too powerful compared to us. Which feeling powerful is fine if better geared, but not that much ^.^ Tier 7 shouldn't be allowed to smash his keyboard standing there using bad rotations and win vs a tier 6. If i recall it was shade vs shade in the frost giant??? spawn. He even had multiple mobs on him and still somehow managed to completely smash. It's just not fun playing mid-game which is where most people get too after a few weeks and then having a one tier higher person just be unkillable. I'd rather have skills with meaningful effects and proper cooldowns rather than one tier higher > all.

If you quit at tier 7/8 then it says more about you than the server, it doesn't take much work to get there and you weren't willing to give it enough of a try. T8 is <0.2% of the way to T14, shows how much you put in.

My point is, don't be judging the server when you hardly even gave it a chance.

I would much rather allow people to get a large boost at the start and feel like they are actually making progress rather than making the start extremely slow, boring, and frustrating.

The server works exactly as you previously said it should... Starts out with big bonuses and then becomes less and less as the jump between each tier becomes longer and more tedious to obtain. Now after I told you it does in fact work that way, you change your stance and say that's not what you want either. So that begs the question then, what is it that you want? I'll hazard a guess and say you were beaten and would rather just blame the server instead of putting in some work to become better.

Deathzot is a long term server, that is, not a server that you play for an hour to reach an exp stage where leveling becomes pointless and then just war until bored. There are many many areas of your characters progression. Leveling, gear, perks, gems, skills, runewords, vocation combinations. All of these aspects play a huge roll in how well your character performs. There is an element of skill, but there is also an equally important element of choice and progression. This is what the majority of our playerbase is looking for and enjoys in an ot, and so this is the gameplay we are bringing to the table. Deathzot is not for everyone, no single game/server can (or will ever be able to) please everyone. We have decided that there are enough real-tibia clones in existence and that we would rather target a style of gameplay that is more uncommon in the otserv community. Whether or not you enjoy this type of gameplay is completely up to you but it is by no means a "problem".

If you quit at tier 7/8 then it says more about you than the server, it doesn't take much work to get there and you weren't willing to give it enough of a try. T8 is <0.2% of the way to T14, shows how much you put in.

My point is, don't be judging the server when you hardly even gave it a chance.

I didn't play this time around, but the reset before this one. I no-lifed the fuck outa it, 15 hours a day for a week +-. It might not have been exactly tier 7-8, but whatever tier you're usually around when you get to that frost giant place is where it became a shit-show. People full cavebotting mc's, why? because that one tier is so fucking important.

I didn't play this time around, but the reset before this one. I no-lifed the fuck outa it, 15 hours a day for a week +-. It might not have been exactly tier 7-8, but whatever tier you're usually around when you get to that frost giant place is where it became a shit-show. People full cavebotting mc's, why? because that one tier is so fucking important.
The frost giant place is at 2k. Are you mentally retarded? If you played 15 hours every day for an entire week and got to the 2k area and reached tier 8 in equipment, then that means there's nothing wrong with the server, there's something wrong with you. Sorry pal.

This reset was actually the most fun I've had on the server since the deathzot that had private fishing houses.

The pvp is cancer forsure but there's not much you can do if you want to keep deathzot without fucking everything up.

The frost giant place is at 2k. Are you mentally retarded? If you played 15 hours every day for an entire week and got to the 2k area and reached tier 8 in equipment, then that means there's nothing wrong with the server, there's something wrong with you. Sorry pal.

That's where it started, i made it further and it stayed a shit show. The PVP IS ASSSSSSSSSSSSS you can't even fucking argue it. it's complete shit. it's INSANE how 1 tier trumps all skill, i mean you can't even lure fucking mobs on somebody and dodge spells to win, you literally just lose because of one tier. even Archeage has less gear fucking gap between tiers, god damn. it's really a simple fix, stop giving 100% fucking bonus per item, before the 14th tier. Nobody stays til the 14th tier besides the same 100 mc's/botters playing. DeathzrobOT. server is ass, hence why botters are allowed. nobody wants to play that shit cause its fucking boring with no pvp.

That's where it started, i made it further and it stayed a shit show. The PVP IS ASSSSSSSSSSSSS you can't even fucking argue it. it's complete shit. it's INSANE how 1 tier trumps all skill, i mean you can't even lure fucking mobs on somebody and dodge spells to win, you literally just lose because of one tier. even Archeage has less gear fucking gap between tiers, god damn. it's really a simple fix, stop giving 100% fucking bonus per item, before the 14th tier. Nobody stays til the 14th tier besides the same 100 mc's/botters playing. DeathzrobOT. server is ass, hence why botters are allowed. nobody wants to play that shit cause its fucking boring with no pvp.
God what the fuck is wrong with you? If you think this server sucks then what do you even enjoy? You're a cry baby bitch fuck off

Lmfao... people think they actually know about deathzot at tier 8, deathzot isnt even real till midguard+.

"stop giving 100% fucking bonus per item", lmfao yes, because you're supposed to kill someone whos a tier higher than you, a whole 7 items that are better than yours

I laugh, continue the cry.

So, i am having a minor problem, I try to log into with the client i get invalid account name...... But when i log into the website i can log in.

So i do not know what is going on.

Xagul, Any help?

Back