• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Can't access server from outside.

cryptomeepo

Solutions
Reaction score
Guys I have been a couple years out of the otservers world. Anyway I just downloaded an old backup I had because I want to come back to it.
I have changed my internet a couple times since that time so it seems that the configurations I used in the past are not working anymore.
My website and otserver are working just fine locally, but I can't access from outside.

UniformServer is showing this messages in Server Internet Status:
print03.png

Ports 7171 7172 8080 are open as I checked in like 3 different port checkers website.

When I type what is my ip on google it shows that weird s***:
print4.png

Inside www.whatismyip.com shows that my public ipv4 is: 177.16.56.41

When I use the command ipconfig on cmd it shows this:

print5.png

Tried placing every single ip adress on config.lua to enter the game or using :8080 on web browsers to access the website but just can't do it.

Also tried to use No-IP to get a dynamic ip but still no success.

I know it is probably some very simple thing I'm missing but I really need a light from outside.

Thank you all.

Open ports on: 192.168.15.7

Use: 177.16.56.41 for server config and connecting to it.

If that doesn't work then go into your hosts file and link both of those together.

Open ports on: 192.168.15.7

Use: 177.16.56.41 for server config and connecting to it.
Yes I did that.

If that doesn't work then go into your hosts file and link both of those together.
Seems like it worked. I will post what I did in a second.

Ok I linked 192.168.15.7 to my Dynamic No-IP (since 177.16.56.41 changes every time internet restarts) and now I can access my website from outside and I can see the character list! But still can't connect to the game.

Last edited:
Check if you have this line in your config.lua and set it to true
bind_only_global_address
Tried it. But now Im getting this:

print6.png

I also realized something weird.

Hosts file:
print7.png

I can access my website through both test and test1 but cant through 177.16.56.41

Shouldn't I be able to access it via number ip either?

Last edited:
Ok, so your bindOnlyGlobalAddress should be on false, check one more time on this site www.myip.com what IP you have at this line "Your IP address is:".

You have blocked ports: 7171, 7172 and 8080 on this IP adress: 177.16.56.41, so you should open them.

They are open as long as the otserver is open. I don't know why.

Another thing is that other people can access my website through 177.16.56.41

But I can't.

Hi I dont know how is it in Brazil, but here in Slovakia ISP (internet service provider) has more plans which you can rent and with cheap plans you are under ISP mask so you cant start your OTS globaly. When you rent more expensive plan you will get your own static ip from your ISP and you can start you server globaly. So maybe problem is there, but maybe I am wrong. But I guess its your problem. You can solve it that you order better plan from your ISP. You just need read in which plan he offers "Static IP".

Last edited:
Hi I dont know how is it in Brazil, but here in Slovakia ISP (internet service provider) has more plans which you can rent and with cheap plans you are under ISP mask so you cant start your OTS globaly. When you rent more expensive plan you will get your own static ip from your ISP and you can start you server globaly. So maybe problem is there, but maybe I am wrong. But I guess its your problem. You can solve it that you order better plan from your ISP. You just need read in which plan he offers "Static IP".
I'm starting to think that is the case.

Got teamviewer? pm me
Not at home right now. I will do it later, thank you.

I'm starting to think that is the case.
I had same problem.
sadq.png
Here I just show you plans of my ISP and as you can see in more expensive plans you have "Pevna IP v cene" it means "Static IP included". Just check plans of your ISP or call and ask him if he offers to your plan static IP or if he offers any plan with static IP. Or if you dont want use your computer you can easy order your own dedicated server and host your OT there. Many providers which offers dedicated severs has also DDos protection included and its not much expensive. You will get your own computer remotely and you can access to it by Remote Desktop. These servers has Static IP and good internet connection. You can simply build your own computer which you want to rent.​

Last edited:
Back