• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Can't access server from pc on same network

Garfelt

Reaction score
I have searched all the topics regarding this, but my issue is a bit different than what I'm seeing.

I have a website address pointing to my global ip. The website is in the config file to connect to. On my host pc I have the website pointing to my local ip. All this works fine for the host and anyone connecting from outside. My problem is my other pc on the same wifi will not connect with the website (which makes sense because it's connected through that ip) nor will it connect through the host's local ip. The character list does come up when I use the local ip.

I'm sure there's a way to make it work, but I'm clearly missing something.

EDIT: Within minutes of posting of course I immediately stumbled onto something. More of a workaround than a solution. If you use a VPN it will allow you to connect like an outside pc. Not optimal but definitely a good option.

Last edited:
Solution
Just to confirm for people who may see this in the future, I had this issue yesterday and fixed by having the following. (seems like OP tried this and didn't work, but there are no specific details to his configs)

In my config.lua I had my domain
Lua:
ip = "rombadr.hopto.org"
in my C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file I have the following
Code:
192.168.1.28 rombadr.hopto.org
#local ip    domain

I used rombadr.hopto.org in the IP changer to log into the server
Just to confirm for people who may see this in the future, I had this issue yesterday and fixed by having the following. (seems like OP tried this and didn't work, but there are no specific details to his configs)

In my config.lua I had my domain
Lua:
ip = "rombadr.hopto.org"
in my C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file I have the following
Code:
192.168.1.28 rombadr.hopto.org
#local ip    domain

I used rombadr.hopto.org in the IP changer to log into the server

Solution
Well, I feel like an idiot. I had that set on my host pc, but I didn't think it would affect a connecting pc. Solved the issue completely. Thank you for your help!

Back