• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Can't connect to AAC site

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorBlade

Retired Snek
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys I've got an issue with my AAC site. I'm running XAMPP, using No-IP, and everything is portforwarded properly. If I try it on my laptop, it works. On my desktop, not so much. I can't connect using global ip or my no-ip redirect. My friend can't connect from his house either so it's not just me. I've restarted my computer several times, reinstalled XAMPP, and even copied my whole XAMPP folder from my laptop to my desktop to use but it just won't work. I can still login to my server with the No-IP redirect or global IP and I can access the AAC with localhost but I don't know why the global ip or redirect won't work for the site. If you have any further ideas, please help me out <3
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and TFS 0.4
I tried gesior and modern AAC, neither work.

i know that other cant connect with localhost...
did you checked config???
waht did you write at IP:yourot.hopto.org or 84.43.23 ....

i know that other cant connect with localhost...
did you checked config???
waht did you write at IP:yourot.hopto.org or 84.43.23 ....

I used the no-ip redirect but that shouldn't matter because I'm having issues with the AAC, not the server. :S

XAMPP should be located directly at C. Etc C:\XAMPP\ not in your desktop. This may be the cause of your problem.

Else, firewall and port forwarding. Keep in mind routers/gateways might have firewall to.

Make sure mysql and apache is not being in use by another program than xampp. If they are, you have to kill that process before starting them through xampp.

XAMPP should be located directly at C. Etc C:\XAMPP\ not in your desktop. This may be the cause of your problem.

Else, firewall and port forwarding. Keep in mind routers/gateways might have firewall to.

Make sure mysql and apache is not being in use by another program than xampp. If they are, you have to kill that process before starting them through xampp.

It's at C:\XAMPP\ and my router is forwarded with 80, 7171, 7172, 3306, and several others. This works on my laptop when I port forward to its local, but not my desktop when I use its local to forward. I don't think it's a problem with connecting to the IP, because it can be used to connect to my server, just the site isn't working... :S

EDIT: I think the router was labelling my computer as the router itself. It's now working after the local IP has changed to a proper one. Also, my McAfee firewall is blocking something. I'll try to configure it and make it work with the firewall on.
EDIT2: Alright, figured it out. McAfee wasn't allowing port 80 as a system port. All fixed. Thread closed. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom