• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Can't connect with OTC (but can with the regular client)

Wilson Kaupert

Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry about such a silly question. I am trying to connect to my server using the OTC, but it keeps giving me the "Connection failed. ERROR (10061)" message. Thing is I can connect using the regular tibia client with ip changer normally.

The server console does not show any error, neither does the OTC console.

I am using TFS 1.0 (10.41 protocol) and OTC commit fe585d27d8.

My config.lua is set to localhost (and that's what I use on my ip changer to work). When I use localhost as IP on OTC it doesn't even load the character list. By the other hand, when I use my local or my external ip it loads the character list and only then gives the 10061 error (the strange thing is that I didn't use my local ip or my external ip on config.lua or anywhere else). All ports are opened (dmz working), but that shouldn't be needed since I only want to connect locally.

Edit. I found the issue. Thing is it seems that OTC doesn't work locally (I might be wrong). Once I set my server on-line with my external IP instead of localhost and connected with OTC using my external ip it worked.

Last edited:
Try using 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost, it always works for me.
However, the issue might also be the commit.

Back