• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

CODING Quick Questions. wondering need some motivation lol

CesarZ

Solutions
Reaction score
There are a lot of good coders here,

how many hours you guys put on coding a day?

how many years you guys been coding for?

and what language you have learned through out those years of coding?

It's been a year for me so far I know some HTML, CSS, PHP and currently working on C++.
I don't know if its really worth to learn C++ since python is taking over, but im on C++ as my first language to learn right now along with the others.
thanks guys i just need some motivation is feeling intensive up in here the deeper i get in C++. i been understanding tho.

Don't think about languages as an end objetive. They are tools to solve issues.
Hours programming doesn't mean a thing honestly, solving complex problems and problems of different areas give you much more experience. Ideally you would be studying the problem 80% of the time and coding 20%.

A cool tip is to never copy and paste code. Always rewrite to get more familiarity.

Go to interviewbit, hackerrank and codeforces to study/take problems out of different areas/complexities. And read a book called "cracking the code interview".

It's hard to answer your question about what language is worth it without knowing what you want to do with coding.

C++ is for when you want to work close to the low level system. Modern tech stacks usually use the cloud and you can interface with the virtual systems in JavaScript, Python, etc. It's uncommon for applications to be written in C++ in 2021, if you're working in systems then it's used.

Focus on the basics, once you learn fundamental data structures and programming patterns you can learn other languages with much less effort. Make sure you understand the basics of computer science e.g, memory and how programming languages allocate / clean it up. If you don't know those basics you'll always hit a brick wall. Lots of good resources on that stuff these days like MIT open courseware. Stick with one language until you know it very well.

It's a lifelong journey to become a solid developer and build out full fledge systems from scratch, just enjoy the ride!

I don't use C++, but I did get some exposure to it from this course awhile back. If modifying open tibia sources is your objective this would be good to take:

Last edited:
@Night Wolf @Black Reaper
Thanks a lot guys.
I'm aiming more at Software Development.

Developing game Takes too long. you also need a well put together and committed team to work on with and that's hard to find, so im trying to learn something that i can work on and at least get it done.

start with interviewbit, it's the best website for its purpose (learn and train how to code).
then do URI/hackerrank and when you feel really prepared start participating on contents on code forces.

In parallel you will also want to study C++ and read the book I've said, it's the best summarized book about how to code great.
Other more complex alternatives can be 'algorithm design' and 'the art of computer programming'.

Back