• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Common mapping errors/questions

Collz

Pandas Go RAWR!!!
Reaction score
Map Editor FAQ:
I've decided to put together my own FAQ for map editors. So you'll find the answers to commonly asked questions and the solution to common errors in this thread. If you have a question that hasn't been answered, please ask it here and once it's answered I'll make sure to add it to my FAQ.

Remere's Map Editor:
Frequent Errors:
  1. Error 1
Code:
Could not locate Tibia.dat and/or Tibia.spr, please navigate to your X.XX server installation folder.
This error is very simple to fix. Follow these following steps.
MT1.png

• Press OK
  • Locate Your Client Path (C:\Program Files\Tibia)
MT1a.png

Once you locate your server path, the map should begin to load. If the map doesn't load, then you probably don't have the right client. All tibia clients can be found here.

Commonly Asked Questions:
  1. Changing Client Versions
Code:
How do I change client versions?
Very simple, just follow the following steps.
  • Press CTRL + P or click the tab Map>Properties
  • Change the client version to which ever you like (NOTICE: If you downgrade client versions, some sprites may turn into invalid tiles.)
MT2.jpg

2. Importing Monsters
Code:
How do I import monsters/NPC's into RME?
This is another simple one to accomplish. Follow the following steps.
  • Click the tab File>Import>Import Monsters/NPCs
  • Locate the desired monster and click OK(NOTICE: Most of the time, the imported monsters will be placed in the 'Others' category.
3. Creating Teleporters
Code:
How do I make a working teleporter?
If you want to learn how to make a working portal, take a look at this tutorial, created by Archez.

4. Creating Quest Chests
Code:
How do I make a quest chest?
This will work for any type of container (bodies, chest, bags, etc). Take a look at this image, it should explain it all.
Chest: The quest chest.
Actionid: Leave the actionid as 2000 always, if you want it to give you the item.
Storagevalue:Place a number in the uniqueid slot, it will act as a storage value, which prevents you to do the quest multiple times. Make sure you use a storage value that is not in use.
Reward: Place the reward of your choice in the chest, you can add multiple items in there also.
question.jpg

5. Using Keys/Doors
Code:
How do use a key to open a locked door?
Very simple as well. All you have to do is have matching action ids for both the key and the door (i.e key=1337 door=1337). So the key will only open doors with the same action id.

6. Map Moving
Code:
How do I copy/move parts of the map around?
Look at this video, posted by Byllan. YouTube - Map Cuting Tutorial. Also, if you want to copy upper floors with the lower levels of the map you can change the selection type by going to Edit > Selection > Lower Floors (copies the current floor being viewed, and the lower floors, including caves) or Visible Floors (only copying the floors you can see [floors 0-7, and 8-15.]).

7. Taking Screen-shots
Code:
How to I capture a screen-shot in RME?
Simply, just press F11 and it will capture a screen-shot of only the map. Usually the screen-shot will be stored in the RME folder (C:\Program Files\RME\SS) or for the updated version of RME, it'll be stored in the 'My Pictures' folder (C:\My Pictures\RME)

8. Making Level Required Doors
Code:
How do I add a level requirement for a experience door?
This too is very simple to complete. Basically all you have to do is place 1000 + the level requirement to use the door as the doors actionid (i.e level 500 door = 1500).

SimOne's OTMapEditor
There are no questions/errors yet for SimOnes OTMapEditor. Feel free to post any, so that I can add them to the FAQ.

I'll be updating this thread with more answers and solutions as time goes by.

Last edited:
Good job, hope you finish the general questions.

You should also make a F.A.Q

Yeah I should, but I would also need help from others aswell. If you find a question or error you know how to solve just post it here and I'll add it to the list.

Bump, haven't added any stuff in a while so I thought I'd add some more stuff. Added new questions!

Also don't forget, if you have questions or answers to questions other people may have, post them in here and i'll add them to the list.

Last edited:
i remember 2 years ago there where 2 things i messd up when i began to map. First was i put the floors upside down, secondly i screwd up doors of exp on my first map, went to host it and it was a confusing mess. Doors that i wanted to be lv 50 where 500 xD. Should add stuff like that :)

Alrighty, Can you Please Help Me With This, I Understand I Need To Click The Client Im Useing But I Cant Find It xD Please Help!

Most likely the client is in C:\Program Files\Tibia or if your using Windows Vista it's probably in C:\Program Files (x86) or something like that\tibia

Hey i even duplicated what you did with the quest box and mine wont work! it just makes a puff whenever i try and get the quest item from the box! Someone help please?

If your on a staff character it wont work, so it will poof. Try using a regular character.

Finally someone made a thread with most common problems at RME, this will help alot of newbies at RME,
and ofc, thanks, very useful & understandable.

every time i choose the tibia 8.60 the rme shows the same error :(
i downloaded another one and still the same problem can you help :)

Then I'm not sure what the problem is. Try using these files and see if they work. If not then I'm not sure what the problem is, maybe it's a problem with the program itself.
Tibia 8 6 rar

Ah, i'll add that too.

Basically just add 1000 plus the level requirement as the actionid. So for example if you want the level requirement to be 100, you'll put 1100 as the actionid for the door.

is there a way to edit in simone mapping editor to randomize few tiles because the newest floros and things doesn't randomize. I already did once randomize by the hand i will never do it again hehe

Back