• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compilation problem using Ubuntu

Erexo

Kage
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Erexo
Hi,
I was trying to compile the otclient on my local Ubuntu 18 machine and after some ups and downs I've reached a roadblock that also occurs on the vanilla copy of otc.
Screenshot from 2019-09-17 18-28-50.png
As soon as I hit the linking stage this weird problem appears. I've tried to compile the project with -no-pie and -static flags but without any major improvement.
I've strictly followed the guide with additional step of manual installation of physfs package. After that I had some issues with opengl so I've downgraded my version following @slawkens advice and this is where I am now. I think I have all the necessary libraries.
Screenshot from 2019-09-17 18-32-47.png

And those are my system informations and gcc version
Screenshot from 2019-09-17 18-35-23.png
Screenshot from 2019-09-17 18-43-33.png

Any suggestion would be handy

So it turns out that instead of modifying current cpp flags I've added brand new set of those and later on those flags were overriden by the mapping ones, so basically I've lied when I wrote that I've tried to compile this beast with the -no-pie option.
tl;dr, this was a solution to my problem, many thanks to you :)

Back