• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling on Windows QUESTIONS.

Fabri

The God Fabri
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I found this awesome project today. I really would like to help in anyway i could. I'm not a professional programmer but i can help testing or creating tutorials or something.

But i have some questions about compiling on windows tutorial:

1- i followed the tutorial and with no erros
2- Code Blocks created 3 files for me: otclinet.map, otclient.exe and lobotclient.dll.a with no erros on logs

What i should do now to test this client?

It's all new for me, i'm not a developer, so i'm a little confusing.

I really wanna support this project. I think this project it's the most exciting thing happening on the entire OT community.

Just move otclient.exe to the otclient-master directory that you have downloaded from Github, then go to modules/game_tibiafiles and create a new directory named after a client version for example '860' then go to your Tibia 8.6 installation for example 'C:\Program Files\Tibia' and then copy Tibia.spr and Tibia.dat to 860 directory that you just created and then start otclient.exe where you can select 8.60 and login.

I tried to compile and happens exactly like you Fabri, but when I open the client, appears a error message like "The otclient.exe encountered a problem and needs to be closed.".
Can someone helps me in this to? Thanks to all.

Regards,
River.

Can you describe your problem more precisely?
I had something like APPCRASH(Send/don't send) i was trying everything and at last I installed pure system as virtual machine, compile the source code exactly like here: tutorial and its work.

Edit: if u want to I can upload the newest compilation of otclient for you.

Back