• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Compiling OTCLIENT Ubuntu error

archer32

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey there, been following this step by step Compiling on Ubuntu 20.04 · mehah/otclient Wiki (https://github.com/mehah/otclient/wiki/Compiling-on-Ubuntu-20.04)
However, when I get to the point to cmake .. I get

By not providing "Findasio.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "asio", but
CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "asio" with any of
the following names:

asioConfig.cmake
asio-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "asio" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
"asio_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files. If "asio"
provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been
installed.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I have been searching far and wide and haven't found anything related.. I have installed all the libraries again, etc.. but nothing seeming to work.

Anybody have a quick "You are a idiot, here is the fix" for me?

Thanks in advance,
Archer32

Hi there!

First of all, I just spent 3 fu**ing hours trying to build OTClient, so, if you're an iditot, so am I. It had a lot of different error and I was able to solve most of them by installing some Cmake libraries.

To solve this asio package problem, just copy the contents of this file into a file named Findasio.cmake inside the cmake folder (at the root of the project).

For me, that wasn't enough, so if you run into some more problems you can reply it here so we can finish you build.

Happy coding!

Back