• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Compiling tfs 1.2 with a RLmap?

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Hi guys im curious as to what needs to be done to compile a tfs1.2 10.98 server with a RL map. currently I can run a tfs 1.2 10.98 server with the forgotten map.

I know there are threads with tutorials on them but each one tells different ways and applications I need to be able to compile.
so far I have downloaded
Microsoft visual studio 2019
Windows PowerShell
Gitbash
Stians Repack devkit
CMake
Notepad++
Vcpkg
ot skd
and now im clueless as what to do, i have a fresh download of the tfs 1.2 10.98 and i have a map and datapack of RL tibia that was put up on a thread here too.

any help with this would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Solution
Can you link the map/datapack you're using? If it was made for TFS 1.2 then simply replacing the map/datapack that comes with TFS is all you need to do; as well as making sure the players you create have a login position that is actually on the map.
All you need is Visual Studio 2019 and vcpkg then you'll be able to compile it, Map has nothing to do with compiling.
If you followed this easy tutorial at the end you'll be able to compile and run your server.

Thanks for your time to reply. im going through the process of compiling now and on part 2 of the links you gave me. I'm wondering when or how I put the RL map on the server. or am I going about this in a completely wrong direction to just replace the map and obviously mobs and npcs?

Thanks

Can you link the map/datapack you're using? If it was made for TFS 1.2 then simply replacing the map/datapack that comes with TFS is all you need to do; as well as making sure the players you create have a login position that is actually on the map.

Solution
@jo3bingham
I got it from this thread

and it says complie it with the other file so i just thought I have to do everything from scratch
and this is the serv I had running

Thanks

Last edited:
i`m beginner hope for simple tutorial
i completed this part [Tutorial] How to setup The Forgotten Server TFS 1.2 (10.98) (https://otland.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-setup-the-forgotten-server-tfs-1-2-10-98.264061/) on my windows 10 laptop and i found no monsters, no map so i think that what do u mean with compile with a map like real in the link above
but failed to compile, links are down [10.98] Requested Real Map Datapack (https://otland.net/threads/10-98-requested-real-map-datapack.262491/)
no free or premium resources and no pictures so i`m stuck
appreciate your help
thanks

Back