• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Computer Freezing NOT OVERHEATING!

dratewka2

Reaction score
Ok heres the deal. I just got a new .. well new parts. For my computer.

450 dollar graphics card. Asus
750 watt PSU
549 dollar motherboard. Asus
4 gigs of RAM
a nice neon blue case.
Quad Core 2.66ghz. A good 300 dollars? Idk exactly. Prices change almost everyday -.-

Anyways. Heres the problem, my computer freezes =( I updated ALL my drivers today, chipset, audio graphic everything! I get major freezes, ALOT. Not because of overheating, my CPU temperature is 29 degrees celsius STEADY 100% of the time. My video card, has 2 fans on it SELF. Built in.. so I dont think it's the vid card. My comp froze..
So I opened up the case , turned it off. Touched each part.
Everything is nice and cool.
Why is it freezing?! like wtf? It's fucked up, I can play COD4 or FABLE FULL HIGH GRAPHICS. I don't get a freeze.. for atleast 4 hours. I tested it... But when I leave it on my fuckin desktop over night, I wake up in the morning for my server, comp froze 1 hour after I turned off my screen. I know cuz I checked the clock
What the fuck?!
I don't understand this. I'm not sure, my brother can't come over and check it out till saturday, so maybe someone can give me advice? Thanks guys, later.
PS:
I left my room open overnight once, it was like 10 degrees in my fucking room, It still froze. So It isn't overheating. Does anyone know?

you got almost the same history as me... i remember when i had to turn tibia bot ng alert so it don't froze... but that happened to me when TFS was having memory leak... i remember i got about 2 days with the same tfs and cpu 100% XD and asking for more than 100% it's was weird... and when they fixed the memory leak, my pc start frezing i was like wtf? and i saw it was when i was not there... so i put ng alert just for testing and it worked for me nice... and a morning i got pissed of that and i just deleted a lot of programs, crap on my pc, cookies and games! i remember i deleted unreal tournament xd (i installed it again) but the the pc still frezing.... then i just upgrade my pc to Windows profesional x64 SP2 from SP1 and it's working great no freze, it's just feel great (= don't gonna turn it off on a couple of month's XD

Well just get to the latest windows update and if the computer still frize just reformat your camputer...

Wow o typed a long post XD anyway w/c!!

@Down
Damn forgot to post that...

Last edited:
Exactly that would be a soution or clean up your regestry,foldes,and temps and whatever.. and get some space on your Hd..

When my Hd is almost full my notebook seems to work slower too and freezes sometimes when i just use the 'Akku' .. Thats why I always leave ~20-50 Gb free at the windows partition..

Exactly that would be a soution or clean up your regestry,foldes,and temps and whatever.. and get some space on your Hd..

When my Hd is almost full my notebook seems to work slower too and freezes sometimes when i just use the 'Akku' .. Thats why I always leave ~20-50 Gb free at the windows partition..

Yep, best thing to do is that you half your HD in 2 partitions. You can do this throu the device manager.

Of course that's only smart if you have a big HD, else buy a second one. I usually put files like songs, videos and so on onto my second partion. Well at the moment I got 4 diffrent partitions^^ - 2 hds and in each of those 2 partitions

How mutch cach memory does your computer have, i think that is the problem.
Your prentium is faster then your motherboard so your pentium dumps some information at the cach memory so your motherboard can keep working.
But when your pentium and cach is full of commands the computer will freeze. Because it needs to forfill al the cach memory/pentium commands and when it's done it will unfreeze.

Had the same probem on my other computer before, but I fixed it.. kinda hard to expain but it has to do something with your windows/pentium system..

Back