• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Computer Hosts??

Danxo

Taranox Pwns
Reaction score
Hey, I have an old computer in the drawer.

Specs

CPU: Athlon MP 2.66 Ghz
Mobo: Jetway
Ram: 2 * 256MB DDR
Hdd: It will be enough.

Wondering what i could Host on it.

i have been thinking about

Ventrilo server
OT server

More suggestions

Right, yes possibly. But right now, I'd suggest easy servers like XML servers shouldn't be hard. But, could be SQL servers too, but not too large map etc. I know that, XML Servers are out of date, but I just mentioned a quick idea what's the best one for you. Or, if you upgrade your computer like you said, you should atleast get 2GB RAM-Memory before thinking of hosting the eclipses realmap.

My m8 was hosting eclipses realmap for a week 24/7, he had 1GB ram minne and he couldn't do much on his computer, everything just freezed up. Also, make sure your processor is good, and all the other important components.

Right, yes possibly. But right now, I'd suggest easy servers like XML servers shouldn't be hard. But, could be SQL servers too, but not too large map etc. I know that, XML Servers are out of date, but I just mentioned a quick idea what's the best one for you. Or, if you upgrade your computer like you said, you should atleast get 2GB RAM-Memory before thinking of hosting the eclipses realmap.

My m8 was hosting eclipses realmap for a week 24/7, he had 1GB ram minne and he couldn't do much on his computer, everything just freezed up. Also, make sure your processor is good, and all the other important components.

Im sorry, I am against that.

Use a sqlite server. TFS 0.2 engine and ä small map and you are good to go. It will work out better than with an XML server. (I heavily believes).

Im sorry, I am against that.

Use a sqlite server. TFS 0.2 engine and ä small map and you are good to go. It will work out better than with an XML server. (I heavily believes).
Agree, sql servers require a lot less of your computer than xml
servers do

I'm getting a dedicated server with 1GB RAM to host a real map, should work, right?

I'm getting a dedicated server with 1GB RAM to host a real map, should work, right?

If its the small version that contains 20 - 30mb mapsize, yes. But if you are going for full real map then your comp will feel pain. :p In the start it requires like 1.4GB RAM to run the map only. And your operative system most likely takes atleast 0.3 - 0.4GB of the RAM.

If its the small version that contains 20 - 30mb mapsize, yes. But if you are going for full real map then your comp will feel pain. :p In the start it requires like 1.4GB RAM to run the map only. And your operative system most likely takes atleast 0.3 - 0.4GB of the RAM.

Eh? It's a dedicated server, they really don't use vista on those lol
I'm positive it will run, as I will not have any other program running than the server and possibly web server. Just wanted to see what you thought

It's running windows server 2003.

Yes, ofcourse it should work, how many mbt/s does your ISP provides you?

100MB/s

And what do you mean apache fucks up windows server 2003?!
Though that can't really be true since the dedicated server comes with an installation of Apache, rofl.

Last edited:
100MB/s

And what do you mean apache fucks up windows server 2003?!
Though that can't really be true since the dedicated server comes with an installation of Apache, rofl.

It fucks up the cpu usage mate, so does mysql. Just use linux.

It fucks up the cpu usage mate, so does mysql. Just use linux.

No, it doesn't at all.

@ Alucardz
You can be totally safe, what Ryan just told you is not true.
And with 100Mbts is then nothing you need to worry about, actually you only need like 10 MB to host a good ot server with a decent computer. But with 100MBT/s, no worries.

No, it doesn't at all.

@ Alucardz
You can be totally safe, what Ryan just told you is not true.
And with 100Mbts is then nothing you need to worry about, actually you only need like 10 MB to host a good ot server with a decent computer. But with 100MBT/s, no worries.
]

ahhaha it does, hence why me, elf and more people are using a second dedi for mysql connection and apache.

Back