• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Computer | SSD-Disk Recording Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know so much about the computers or such.. I know the basic and such, but not the heavy stuffs ;) I know how to build a computer and such but as you ask i have a little hard to understand but :p

Do you mean the cabels i use to take from the SATA 1-6 to the harddriver.. What kind of cabels i use?

Yes the cable connection for the data transmission between the HDD/SDD to the motherboard. That is the type of connection I'm asking because for SATA you don't have Primary or Secondary, you have slave, master and the daisy chain layout (which is where you get the primary and secondary drives) but more or less if the HDD are not loading the OS then they need to be put to slave and the one with the OS needs to be set as Master, by the connector there should be a something like so:
jumper.jpg

and this is how it is setup:
chap2-page11-img1.JPG

How is this relevant? Fucking magnets, how do they work?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the cable connection for the data transmission between the HDD/SDD to the motherboard. That is the type of connection I'm asking because for SATA you don't have Primary or Secondary, you have slave, master and the daisy chain layout (which is where you get the primary and secondary drives) but more or less if the HDD are not loading the OS then they need to be put to slave and the one with the OS needs to be set as Master, by the connector there should be a something like so:
jumper.jpg

and this is how it is setup:
chap2-page11-img1.JPG

Okaay.. Well i don't not relly know if have the cables for the Master.. I can find anyone so i can take from my SSD to that pin holes or what ever to call em..

Okaay.. But how can i do... My first HDD harddriver.. Where i have my movies and such on won't work.. Not that way but everytime i put that in with the SATA-cabel + the power cabel it will come up. .The reboot thing and BOOTMSR.. For the moment im having the SSD only -.-'

EDIT: Im running my SSD .. But how come i only have 5.9 point in the reading thing :S I had that before with my HDD .. Only the HDD :S

Is my SSD having a problem or do i have to make to the master thingy? :D

Whichever drive ran the OS you need to set as master, if it still says bootmsr isn't found then get your win 7 os disc and run the repair program.

Whichever drive ran the OS you need to set as master, if it still says bootmsr isn't found then get your win 7 os disc and run the repair program.

Mr Walkingdragon.. You know alot of computer but please could you explain so someone who haven't done this before would understand -.-' It's hard for me because i have never done it before so ..

Ok, so the driver (the SSD or HDD) that is running the Operating System, (windows 7 if I am correct) needs to have the jumper settings on Master, the rest on slave. Once you boot it up if you still get the error get your installation disc for your operating system and run the windows repair program from the disc.

Ok, so the driver (the SSD or HDD) that is running the Operating System, (windows 7 if I am correct) needs to have the jumper settings on Master, the rest on slave. Once you boot it up if you still get the error get your installation disc for your operating system and run the windows repair program from the disc.

So.. Shall i remove my SSD disk and put in my HDD and insert my installation disc and repair it? Because im afraid i will do something if the SSD and the HDD is running at the both time ;)

You can run them at the same time, but the one that is running the windows operating system needs to be set as master and the other one that you'll just use for storage will be set as slave. Then set in the disc and run the repairs for the partition (normally the partition is C:\ ) and repair it from there.

You can run them at the same time, but the one that is running the windows operating system needs to be set as master and the other one that you'll just use for storage will be set as slave. Then set in the disc and run the repairs for the partition (normally the partition is C:\ ) and repair it from there.

Would you be so nice to explain to me steps by steps how to do this <3 Would be whonderful!

Hey.. I powered the SSD disk as a master.. I found a cabel to make that possible but still .. It will just go BOOTMGR ..

Ok so the SSD is the one with the OS on it? Alright, stick the disc in the tray and reboot it and make sure you boot from the disc. (It should prompt you before trying to boot from the SSD and if not then configure the BIOS to boot from the CD drive first)

Ok so the SSD is the one with the OS on it? Alright, stick the disc in the tray and reboot it and make sure you boot from the disc. (It should prompt you before trying to boot from the SSD and if not then configure the BIOS to boot from the CD drive first)

Nvm.. This is useless -.-' I'll get in contact with somone.. Even if i have to pay some

Nvm.. This is useless -.-' I'll get in contact with somone.. Even if i have to pay some

This very easily means when you install windows do not install it on your SSD hard drive.

This very easily means when you install windows do not install it on your SSD hard drive.
Whaat? I want Wins 7 on the SSD? -.-' I don't wanna install the wins 7 on the others HDD..

Okaay. You can closed the thread, i got the system to work now ;) YAAAAAAY

What i did what to change in the BIOSET

1. I had a list with 3 things and what i saw was that i diden't had the SSD there i replace on of the HDD to the SSD
2. Change the Boot thing to start with the SSD instead of the HDD that the bioset have set up..
3. Done ..

I just did this for a few min ago but don't remember ahha! I know what to do but don't remember the things i did in order.. ;) If someone needs help with this you can contact me and i explain better ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back