• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Connection req for hosting a server

High Timez

Novacane
Reaction score
So guys. My question to you. Obviously connection speed is a part of hosting a server. But I'm pretty sure also with a good pc for example core i5 3570k 16gb ram I would think would be a decent computer to host a server on but what kind of connection speed is good for a max of 50 players?

This has been asked many times now..

Realistically, you don't need much. 3-5 mbit up/down would work fine. You shouldn't be pushing your limit with just tibia server traffic though. You also will probably have a website which also uses bandwidth. What if 20 people decide to request 200kb of content at once? What happens if you get hit with a DDoS attack? Does your ISP allow servers and static IPs? A popular server can easily hit 500-1500gb of bandwidth per month and some ISPs have a bandwidth cap.

Home hosting is fine at the start but If you can manage to get 50 active people at once, you should at least buy a budget dedicated server. A 100mbit home connection is not the same as 100mbit from a good data center and you don't have to worry about your server shutting down because your ISP decided to do unscheduled maintenance on your residential connection during the night.

Back