• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Console? or GUI?

Which is better for hosting a Dedicated server?

• Console

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • GUI

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BeniS

Advanced OT User
Senator
Reaction score
Just wanna know what people think is would be better for hosting an OT: Console? or GUI?

Coz I'm going to host soon and need to know hehe

GUI cuz you can reload config, talkactions and alot more, also you can save and clean from the window and write broadcastes.

GUI.
It is easier to work with, and has great console features.
(Like reloading scripts, instead of restarting server).

I use console. You can reload everything from inside the game D:

Console.
Why the hell should someone use gui on a dedicated server? The server is not your computer, to reload something go ingame instead of connection to your server and wasting ressources using gui. Console is the best for a dedicated.. (also what what you do on a OS like debian without a GUI?)

Console use a tiny bit less resources than console. However if your using a linux based server terminal you don't get far with gui. :p So in that case its pretty useless.
I use GUI on my windows dedicated server, and I love it. Even its a dedicated server, I enter it, broadcast that I will do a serv restart, fix scripts, reload such things inside the dedicated comp so it is useful.

Back