• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Copyright violation by AVARIAN

Luexo

Luminarium Ex Obscurum
Reaction score
http://otland.net/showthread.php?p=99265#post99265

Here's the full thread with proof and everything.

I'm bringing this up to attention since I seek the guidance, help and assistance of moderational and administrational forces.

Thanks for your time,

~Flipvlug\\Luexo

also,

Please note , that his project is placed at OTLAND, where he's making OTLAND members download HIS project which supports ripped imagery.

I'm not asking you guys to help me get him to remove copyrighted materials but to take actions of his promotion for a project consisting of copyrighted material.

Last edited:
Kill AVARIAN!! BANN!!

Let's not go that far... but I would like an explanation from him personally... I've already sent and email disregarding this subject.

Though I'd like it if this project is stopped from being advertised on these forums untill he removes the ripped imagery from his project.

(I assume OtLand does not support copyright violation..)

Last edited by a moderator:
That was really low by Avarian, i suggest him to remove the ripped picture or ask you if you accept if he give credit for it to you and let it stay.

Regards!

ask you if you accept if he give credit for it to you and let it stay.

I don't normally give permissions to people I just caught ripping and distributing ripped imagery under their name.

The only option there would be is if I would be credited in the footer when the template is being used.

or

it would also be nice if he would have added me to the CREDITS.txt

My request to him is either to remove my signature from his banner or adding me to (that template's © txt)

Last edited:
I don't normally give permissions to people I just caught ripping and distributing ripped imagery under their name.

The only option there would be is if I would be credited in the footer when the template is being used.
Ok, i can understand you since i would do the same.:)

Yeah.. but the url to download his project is still displayed.. including the ripped banner in one of the templates.

What should I do in your opinion Xenios?

Just close it temporarly(the download link)? Avarian is on vacation.

Just don't hurt him :p Avarian FTW <3!

Don't listen to Znote, we'll hit him!
I would prefer to close the thread and the links for a temporary time until he has time to explain himself..

@Znote, any idea how long he's going to be on vacation; when he comes back?
Close the link temporarily and wait for him X amount of days. If he shows up Luexo and Avarian can talk; if he remain inactive do whatever you wish.

That's my opinion.

I agree with Seabitz to be honest... unless somebody is willing to take out the dragon's template out of the directory and re-upload xD? ...

Thank you for telling me he's on a holiday by the way.

I think that would be best.. taking the dragons template out...

Its because he ain't so extremely intrested in this after working on his AFS-CMS for, 2 years? And now he finaly got an stable version (0.2.7), he can relax a little.

@Znote, any idea how long he's going to be on vacation; when he comes back?
Close the link temporarily and wait for him X amount of days. If he shows up Luexo and Avarian can talk; if he remain inactive do whatever you wish.

That's my opinion.

15th June 2008, 03:01
Hes been on vacation a while, but its still a bit logic, summer vacation lasts for 2 months, if hes studying at school.

Luexo how much is this picture "worth"?

Luexo how much is this picture "worth"?

It was a gift for a friend of mine which he still uses in his signature.
If it wasn't I seriously would care less.

I also am a bit frustrated over the fact that "Tanax" and the signature's title have simply been removed without any notice to me or him at all, together with the fact that it still is a gift for a friend of mine.

anyways, I've decided to let this rest untill he's back from his holiday, I want to speak with him.

____

Conclusion:

I'm dropping charges untill he's back...

Last edited:
I removed the layout and re-uploaded it again, so I hope there aren't any problems anymore.

Back