• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Could not locate metadata and/or sprite files - RME

nugo

Australia OT Mapper
Solutions
Reaction score

I have added custom sprites into a .spr .dat. The server and client load them fine but im trying to add them to my RME to place them on the map. I copied over my edited .spr & .dat to my client directory i also replaced the RME item.otb with my item.otb. When i load my map now i get the following error, its all the same directory nothings moved just replaced some files. Any idea?

I can still load the map with a normal .spr & .dat, the second i add my one with the custom sprites it spits out that error.

EDIT: Progress

When i replace just the items.otb in RME i can load my custom items but the sprites are completely wrong, i assume thats because it cant see my new .spr or .dat but when i add my .spr and .dat i get the above error

Last edited:
RME checks Tibia data file signatures, including the SPR. It's under preferences on the Client Versions tab. you can uncheck it.

1592271275664.png

You can also just edit the XML file RME reads the sigs from to update the sig to match your edited file.

na no luck just gets stuck at 0% when trying to load the map. That was when unchecking check file signatures.

did u eventually find a solution to this? Having the same issue cant find something workin :S
Na could never fix it, had to use some other map editor and I could place the items they were all red squares, it would never load the sprite visually in the editor, but still worked.

I can't check either PC blew up about a month ago and I lost pretty much everything lol

my problem is... i have my 8.60 server with custom sprites but i want to edit the map with that sprites. When i open the map on rme 2.2, the custom sprites are shaped in form of monsters and other worse things
i tried everything but doesnt works fine
this message appears when i open RME with my client (unchecked file signatures on RME)
"couldn't load tibia.dat unknown .dat format version"
I tried everything but dont works at all :s
Can u help me please? i have discord or facebook

my problem is... i have my 8.60 server with custom sprites but i want to edit the map with that sprites. When i open the map on rme 2.2, the custom sprites are shaped in form of monsters and other worse things
i tried everything but doesnt works fine
this message appears when i open RME with my client (unchecked file signatures on RME)
"couldn't load tibia.dat unknown .dat format version"
I tried everything but dont works at all :s
Can u help me please? i have discord or facebook
why are you using such an old RME?

here are a few tips:
  • use newer RME
  • make sure to edit the RME Tibia.otfi file to enable extended sprites
  • make sure you are using your custom items.otb in your respective RME clients folder

Back