• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Alpha-Test Part 2 - Multiverse - Released **New Client**

Do you think you will play the below MMORPG?

• I will play the Alpha.

Votes: 45 59.2%
  • I prefer to wait for the Beta.

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • I will wait till the game is fully released.

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • I probably will not play this game.

Votes: 12 15.8%

• Total voters
#1 - Fix the Shops so it isn't easy to steal from them. Also, If you get caught, the stolen items are taken back.
#2 - Make it so you have a 100% Chance to loot the item listed on the key from Chests. --COMPLETE
#3 - Reduce the chance of a chest spawning, and reduce the durability of keys. --COMPLETE
#4 - Increase the amount of Habitats in the Dungeon, and reduce the Randomized Monster Spawns. --COMPLETE

#5 - Add in the Barricade Building Kit. (You can build a killable Barricade to wall-off monsters in the Dungeon)
#6 - Fix map bugs, and movement bugs that cause players to be stuck
#7 - Make it so you cannot push things (including yourself) if you are stunned/sleeping/etc. --COMPLETE
#8 - Add in nature animals near the town (Deer, Rabbits, etc) that you can hunt for food.
#9 - Add Blacksmith Hammer as a buyable item at the General Store. You can use this to Smash Items you do not want into stackable pieces for selling later.
#10 - Add "Reforge Attribute" option to blacksmith. Using this, you can spend 10 Reforge Points to change an Attribute to another random Attribute.
#11 - Add in more "Random Encounters" while hunting. (I would like it if you would see something interesting happen at least every 30 minutes on average)
#12 - Add in "Butcher Shop" and "Farmer Shop" for buying/selling food items
#13 - Change Crossbow to actually be a useful item. --COMPLETE
#14 - Add "Reforge Spell" and "Reforge Passive" options to Spell Smith. Using this will allow you to re-roll the spell, and passive on an item.
#15 - Add a Haste Buff when following the Butterfly Guides in town. --COMPLETE
#16 - Fix Bags, so when you destroy them, the contents of the bag falls on the ground. --COMPLETE
#17 - Make it so you can also scrap backpacks. --COMPLETE

#18 - Make all Money Bags enchanted with a "Money Magnet". (Coins will auto-loot into these bags)
#19 - Add Light-able Torches in the Dungeon. You can light these with Bandages and Fire. (Also, Bandages will now "heal" your torch, making it last longer)

Updated list of things I have completed so far. (Doing the easy stuff first)
You should make them pink, usually "well done" is more pink than red

The server is amazing and it's what I've been looking for in a game/OT for the longest time. I'm having a blast and it's only Alpha. The possibilities are endless! I really hope Flatlander and Sportacus keep developing the server.
I've only played the RPG universe so far since it's the one I am most interested in. I'll try out the other universes once I'm done with the RPG one.

Tons of fixes today.

Huge attackspeed overhaul (Re-did out attackspeed bonuses on items work so you couldn't easily get 1000 attacks per second. (Yes 1ms attackspeed was a bit overpowered)

~~My dedicated Host has some sort of error and is currently down. I am going to just leave the server off until Friday.~~

On Friday, I will release a new client version, and updated server (characters will be wiped probably)

Hisssssss

Yea Yea, when it comes back up it will have some new features.

Yesterday I made something I've always wanted -- Unique Spell IDs.

Spells now can have "Unique IDs" so you can't be hit by them more than once.

This means, if I shoot a nicely animated flame wave, I can make it so it is IMPOSSIBLE that it will miss, or hit twice. It will only hit once.
Previously, any AoE spell that had a long animation had a chance of missing players it should hit, or hitting some players multiple times.

Now I don't have to worry about that. I can Do whatever animation I want, and the spell will only hit once.

Delaying the start date till 2/3 due to the For Honor Beta.

I won't have the time to work on the server this weekend, cause I'll just be playing this game.

Next weekend though...

I am making some pretty big changes for the next test (In an attempt to fix a few issues I've seen with combat)

All regeneration attributes are being removed.
Items will no longer roll stats that increase health, mana, or shield regeneration. To increase your regeneration you simply need to eat different foods. (Different foods give different regeneration)

The "Mana Bar" is going to have a new Mini "Focus Bar" below it.
The new Focus Bar will be used for spellcasting. All spells have a cast-time. Currently anywhere from 500ms to 3 seconds before a spell will cast. Having Focus will skip this cast time and let you instantly cast spells. This should allow players to more easily target and attack creatures with their spells. (And should GREATLY help in PvP, where basically all spells were dodged and auto-attack players won every battle)

Reducing the damage of Ranged Weapons slightly.

The bow was clearly the best item last test. The damage will be slightly lowered.
Basically, all One Handed Weapons get around 15 DPS Average, and all Two Handed Weapons get around 25 DPS average. But Ranged One Handed Weapons will have 13 dps, and Ranged Two handed Weapons will have 23 DPS Average.
Ranged Weapons will now also be "Projectiles" where if someone jumps in front of your arrow, it has a chance to hit them, instead of your target.

I'M READY!

It will probably open tonight at midnight, I'm trying to get everything ready.
(That is about 8 hours from now)

I'll leave the server open for a few weeks this time as long as nothing bad happens.

2nd Alpha is released!

A lot of changes (too many to list really) But the core gameplay is basically the same.
Here is a link to the new client:
https://mega.nz/#!KxpGwLaD!oyA35vJocHLnjIyLfwkC0W18HIO3vINmoSABa_-FnnI

If you have any bugs, issues, or questions, post them here.

**My Hosting computer is acting up a little, so the server might be slower than normal. If it keeps acting up I will replace the hosting computer with a different one**

So, I've been playing for a stupid amount of time, testing things & I really like it so far.

Some Questions.
- Divine Strike makes no sense, huge cast time, little damage~ in comparison to the other spells that is, it has not usage. The only way I can see a use for it (Maybe), does "Divine Caster" enchance healing spells/abilitys? If so, then it's a side spell for healers while their not healing, kinda makes sense, still think the cast time is insane.
- What does Magic Damage do, increase all spells? Or things like Magic Missile- Is Magic Missile considered "Magic" or "Eletric".
- If Magic is it's own spell, consider naming it "Arcane".
- Is the "Offense" section a purely for spells kind of thing, or do "Magical Weapons" also take these stats into account, eg "Ice Caster" + "Ice Weapon" = Overkill.
- "Blood Mage" appears as a stat way to often considering how useless it essentially is without gear to support it & considering how much better "Magic Caster" is.

- What does "Conceal" do?
- What does "Assassins Choice" do?
- What does "Speed Demon" do? ~ Originally thought it was a movement speed boost, but it isn't. (Or doesn't work as intended)

- Bows do significantly more damage than any other weapon, a bow on it's own is kinda okay, but you an elemental damage to it & you can pop things for insane damage.
- Spells are techniqually more overpowered than bows, but they both overshadow the need to use anything else, like what is the point of a dagger? xD

- Durability, Stamina~ Artifical difficulty, they're annoyances. It's why they're normally complained about in most games & not used. The eating for regeneration is cool but stamina seems pointless, sleeping should remain & increase health / mana regen when next to a fire, but having to literally stop half way into a cave because I let some intrusive bar get too low is just an annoyance.

The WTF section
- A thing spawned beside me in the Dungeon, that started spawning magic walls around me & then spawned a hammer, that shit was cool as fuck. The magic walls need to spawn faster though, like it legit has to trap someone ASAP- it wasn't hard to do, and it's not like it's that dangerous, but I think it should at least not give you time to run out.

Bugs?
- The Dungeon has stopped spawning creatures, that or it's slow. ~ Okay ran around, it's slow.
- Can I have more dungeons.
- When you die, you're invisible, I get that's probably intended but it's for an insane amount of time. To the point where I can mess with people & they wont even know I'm there.
- Haste sometimes fails to cast, don't know if intended but yea. It just sometimes straight up doesn't haste after the animation.

Last edited:
So, I've been playing for a stupid amount of time, testing things & I really like it so far.

Some Questions.
- Divine Strike makes no sense, huge cast time, little damage~ in comparison to the other spells that is, it has not usage. Tnly way I can see a use for it (Maybe), does "Divine Caster" enchance healing spells/abilitys? If so, then it's a side spell for healers while their not healing, kinda makes sense, still think the cast time is insane.
- What does Magic Damage do, increase all spells? Or things like Magic Missile- Is Magic Missile considered "Magic" or "Eletric".
- If Magic is it's own spell, consider naming it "Arcane".
- Is the "Offense" section a purely for spells kind of thing, or do "Magical Weapons" also take these stats into account, eg "Ice Caster" + "Ice Weapon" = Overkill.
- "Blood Mage" appears as a stat way to often considering how useless it essentially is without gear to support it & considering how much better "Magic Caster" is.

- What does "Conceal" do?
- What does "Assassins Choice" do?
- What does "Speed Demon" do? ~ Originally thought it was a movement speed boost, but it isn't. (Or doesn't work as intended)

- Bows do significantly more damage than any other weapon, a bow on it's own is kinda okay, but you an elemental damage to it & you can pop things for insane damage.
- Spells are techniqually more overpowered than bows, but they both overshadow the need to use anything else, like what is the point of a dagger? xD

- Durability, Stamina~ Artifical difficulty, they're annoyances. It's why they're normally complained about in most games & not used. The eating for regeneration is cool but stamina seems pointless, sleeping should remain & increase health / mana regen when next to a fire, but having to literally stop half way into a cave because I let some intrusive bar get too low is just an annoyance.

The WTF section
- A thing spawned beside me in the Dungeon, that started spawning magic walls around me & then spawned a hammer, that shit was cool as fuck. The magic walls need to spawn faster though, like it legit has to trap someone ASAP- it wasn't hard to do, and it's not like it's that dangerous, but I think it should at least not give you time to run out.

Bugs?
- The Dungeon has stopped spawning creatures, that or it's slow. I'm going to go with not spawning though.
- Can I have more dungeons.
- When you die, you're invisible, I get that's probably intended but it's for an insane amount of time. To the point where I can mess with people & they wont even know I'm there.

"Divine Strike Seems Useless"
Divine as a damage type is a work in progress. The plan is to make it so you can "Bless" your allies, and when you use divine spells, it will do damage to enemies and heal your allies at the same time. (It will also do huge damage to undead/demon/possessed/cursed monsters)
"Is Magic it's own spell"
Magic Damage increases all magic attack damage. (Heat, Cold, Electric, Poison, Divine, Psychic)
Physical damage increases all physical attacks. (Pierce, Impact)
"Ice Caster increases all ice damage?"
Ice Caster increases ALL ice damage. So yes, Ice Caster + Ice Weapon = extra ice damage. (Though Ice Caster reduces all the other types of damage by 50%, meaning you'll do more ice damage, but less physical damage with your weapon)
"What does 'Conceal', 'Assassins Choice' and 'Speed Demon' do?"
Descriptions for all spells (and how I am going to show them) is a work in progress.
Conceal reduces your aggro to all nearby monsters. So for example, if you were a healer, and had a tank, you could use Conceal to make it so monsters are less likely to attack you.
Assassin's Choice makes it so you do bonus damage when hitting creatures in the back. (I know it isn't very easy to do this currently. (Especially with slimes, who don't really have a back)
Speed Demon is supposed to be a movement speed passive. It is possible there are bugs with it due to your capacity effecting your movement speed)

"Bows are overpowered"
Bows are a weird issue. It costs money to use them, (3 gold per arrow) so I slowed their attackspeed down and gave it damage to even it out. A Bow actually does almost the exact same damage per second (DPS) as any other 2 handed weapon in the game. (You may be right about it being too powerful though, since it is ranged, so you are save. Plus the bleed mechanic works off of total damage done.)
"Spells are overpowered"
Spells were underpowered last alpha test, so I kind of buffed them by adding the focus bar and did some other minor balance changes.
Honestly I am ok with Spells being overpowered for now, because I want people to use them and give feedback (Such as your feedback for Divine Strike)

"The WTF section
- A thing spawned beside me in the Dungeon, that started spawning magic walls around me & then spawned a hammer, that shit was cool as fuck. The magic walls need to spawn faster though, like it legit has to trap someone ASAP- it wasn't hard to do, and it's not like it's that dangerous, but I think it should at least not give you time to run out."
Random events
are planned to happen all the time. Currently there are only 2 random events. (Save Me NPC appears and you have to save it by getting it back to town. And the Gargoyle Statue Puzzle where you have to smash him with the green hammer)
Also, I made the Magic Walls slower on the first floor of the dungeon to make it easier for new players, On future floors, it will be much harder to escape.

"The Dungeon has stopped spawning creatures"
There are 2 ways a Dungeon can spawn creatures. Either in an area (like normal monsters spawning) or nearby a player. It is possible that the monsters that are supposed to spawn randomly around the dungeon stopped spawning. I will look into it.

"Can I have more Dungeons"
Yes, Each dungeon will have 5 floors that get progressively harder. (Each Floor will be a boss, and floor 5 will be a mega-boss)
Also Planned Dungeons will be: Cave, Forest, Mountain, Volcano, and swamp (more will come after those, but those will come first probably) **Forest is next to release and will be a week or two**

"When you die, you are invisible for too long"
You only turn invisible after your first 3 deaths. This is to allow new players to get used to the game before they die for real. (Deathloss is pretty bad in this game)

Somehow bomber man bugged for my character, now my character in Keyzo is stuck in a bomberman map.

So another day, another layer of hot dogs to bring.

- Increasing your deposit box doesn't work at certain intervals, that or it just suits itself and sometimes bugs out, eg I paid the first 3 times & it upgraded by box to 1500, but then when I purchased to upgrade it to 2000 & 2500, it got stuck & stayed at 1500, then I upgraded it 2 more times & it decided to bounce upto 2500, now it's stuck again after 2 upgrades at 2500
14:52 Muzir: Your depot has been upgraded to now hold 3500 capacity.
Added 157.00 weight to depot. Current/Max: 1281.00/2500.0000

- Upgrading the cooldown of a spell at the spellforge makes literally no sense, I think you meant to decrease it but I just increased the cooldown of my Haste spell from 13 seconds to 16.
- Because of how you've made upgrading, upgrading an items highest value is the smartest route to take because everything that's upgradable works off of percentages, therfore 2handed weapons & spells that do damage into the 100-200s will become significantly stronger than any 1 handed weapon as their base value is normally below the 100s. The highest increase rate "Expert Forge" increases the stat by 20%, that's huge on an item with a base value of over 200, that's an increase of 40 damage(Yes I did notice the MinDamage decreases if you increase MaxDamage & vice versa), that means increasing a 1 handed weapon with a base damage of 80 only gives a bump of 16 damage.
With that said, it works the same with gear, people will choose a main stat preferably Health/Mana because the values for those are normally found in the 200+ range, low stats like speed-defence-armor will not be upgraded as the actual viability of increasing Mana & Health outways the small increases to the other stats.

- Ace & I were in the Royal Door, with the puzzle & a Gargoyle Hammer spawned ontop of us, I think it deleted the puzzle, as both disapeared.
- We stole items & sold them back to general store (I think this is known).
- Wtf does a sturdy key do in comparison to the other keys.
- My haste spellbook sometimes fails to apply the Haste Buff.

- Can you redo the randomization on the new characters, so I can check out other cool stuff- I recently looted a shield & that shit makes playing melee so much more viable, it's cool even on a mage.

Example of the item changes

Old
~Arm[11]~
~maxHP[392]~

New - Increasing Health Once & Arm Once, the increase in armor gave me 1 point, where as the increase in health just seems worth more.

~Arm[12]~
~maxHP[418]~

Though, without knowing what benefits Defence & Armor actually give (even 1 point), there's no way I can truely tell if the 1 Armor, is worth more than the 20 Health. Just having that extra 1 - 2 Armor, = a greater benefit than having the 20-40 hp.

Last edited:
I downloaded the client during the last testing session and it wouldn't let me install the client. (This doesn't happen any other time)

I tried to download the new client so I can play and the same problem is happening. I'll attach pictures below.

wmiftf.png

f59kd0.png

Back