• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

NPC Crashs/lags for conteiner bug? No more!

gabriel28

Solutions
Reaction score
Sorry if is the wrong area, but I bring you the solution to bug problems related to conteiners, like buying bp's infinitely until crash the server, put several bps inside bps (with trash items inside or only bps and bps), throw inside the house and use the !leavehouse command (or something like that) which causes lag (maybe crash!?) or any other such crap like this.

Go to ... \ data \ npc \ lib \ npcsystem and search by: -- Handles onBuy events. If you wish to handle this yourself, use the CALLBACK_ONBUY callback.

Replace the entire function with:
Lua:
function NpcHandler:onBuy(cid, itemid, subType, amount, ignoreCap, inBackpacks)

local config = {
        sto = 11000, --storage
        tempo = 60, --cooldown to buy again
        it = {2144, 2149}, --id of the itens that you want to "block"
        total = 10 --Maximum items you can buy each time
        }

if isInArray(config.it, itemid) and amount >= config.total then
            doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_ORANGE, "you can not buy more than "..config.total.." from this item.")
            return false
        elseif getPlayerStorageValue(cid, config.sto) > os.time() and isInArray(config.it, itemid) and amount <= config.total then
            doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_ORANGE, "wait "..(getPlayerStorageValue(cid, config.sto) - os.time()).." second(s) to buy again.")
            return false
        elseif isInArray(config.it, itemid) and amount <= config.total then
            setPlayerStorageValue(cid, config.sto, os.time() + config.tempo)
        end

local callback = self:getCallback(CALLBACK_ONBUY)
        if(callback == nil or callback(cid, itemid, subType, amount, ignoreCap, inBackpacks)) then
            if(self:processModuleCallback(CALLBACK_ONBUY, cid, itemid, subType, amount, ignoreCap, inBackpacks)) then
                --
            end
        end
    end

Explaining:
If the player tries to buy more than X items from id Y, npc will not sell. When the player buys less than X, he will gain a cooldown of Z seconds until he can buy again. All this configurable in the table.
To harm you with this kind of bug now, only if the player has a urge to f*** with you.
Tested and fully functional in TFS 0.4 rev 3884, but is just adapting to other versions that I'm sure works.

EDIT: I do not know if already has a similar script there, but this one has made by my own.

Back