• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Creating dependent damage ratios?

Rayeko

Programmer
Reaction score
Hello.

Actually, I had an idea for my serv.. But, the problem is that I don't even know how to do it xDD The idea is simple. I
ts something like this:

For example, a player has a new table in the DB that is "extra.points.meele", then each time a player uses meele combat, this value will be retrieved from the DB to the server (I alredy got the function), and depending on this value, the attack damage will change. For example, if the player has "0" points, then the damage would be 0-110 (example), but, if the player has 10 points, then the damage would be 0-120, something like that..

To make this, first I thought about using creaturescripts like, "onCombat", "onAttack". But, this ones only give me information about the target, and nothing more, furthermore it cannot edit the damage it make. Then, it came to my mind a very exhausting way.. Using weapons.xml and making a script file for all the weapons, including in the script, a formula that will include this points system.

So.. Anyone has any better idea? I would really appreciate ideas about this.

Thanks!

all your ideas are very crazy
which is good i guess
but i think if you stray to far from the basics
your gonna waste your time on doing a whole bunch of random shit
but regardless i hope it works
when you get it together
i want the ip address to your OT cause i bet it causing to be crazy

@Up

xDDD I have a lot of ideas.. My perspective is creating something like Tibia, but at the same time being far away from the aspect of Tibia.. The beta of my server will be on, soon. I'll publish it anyway.. xD
And.. All this things I'm doin' and asking help for, are kinda.. Small compared with other things I'd make xD

Back