• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

cross the attack from inside

El Man

«لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا ٱللَّٰهُ»
Reaction score
I want to cross the attacks from the outside only, not from the inside
example for my problem :-fsz.png

example for my idea i want to doing :-
xaxa.png
this all I need to cross the attacks from the outside only, not from the inside
- someone help me

I want to cross the attacks from the outside only, not from the inside
example for my problem :-View attachment 60489

example for my idea i want to doing :-
View attachment 60490
this all I need to cross the attacks from the outside only, not from the inside
- someone help me

Hey let the people who are inside the magic wall field live in peace because u cant attack them xD

This is a coding nightmare situation btw.

How do you determine what's outside and inside?

What if 2 people are trapped inside their own 3 by 3 area, but they want to attack each other? Is it classified as inside or outside?

What if someone is in a 1 wide corridor, and they have 2 tiles to walk around? How would you determine if they are trapped or not?

What if someone is trapped in a 4 by 3 area, with another person beside them? Are they considered trapped?

What if someone is walled in on a roof, but have the option of levitating up/down?

If 2 people are in a 3 square straight area, and they put a wild growth in the middle block, are they both considered trapped?

What if someone is trapped in a 3 by 3 area, but they have a rope spot under their feet? A ladder? Stairs nearby?

How do you explain all of these edge cases to a player without confusing them?

He doesn't mean only when player is completely trapped, What he is referring to is an old known bug on few XML engines 8.00/8.10 where in specific positions/situations one player can attack but the other won't be able to attack back.
I will post this gif showing which position are used to be able to attack without being reached by the other player, When Test Three stands on any of the 100 crystal coins positions he'll be able to attack Test One, But in the opposite Test One won't be able to attack him back on those specific positions, So it looks like this.
Attack positions.gif
So players who are still playing XML servers 8.00/8.10 are far used to this PVP style/tactics that most of them don't even recognize it is a bug and they think that's how the game works.
They use it in many different situations like in this example.
Attack Example 1.gif

He doesn't mean only when player is completely trapped, What he is referring to is an old known bug on few XML engines 8.00/8.10 where in specific positions/situations one player can attack but the other won't be able to attack back.
I will post this gif showing which position are used to be able to attack without being reached by the other player, When Test Three stands on any of the 100 crystal coins positions he'll be able to attack Test One, But in the opposite Test One won't be able to attack him back on those specific positions, So it looks like this.
View attachment 60882
So players who are still playing XML servers 8.00/8.10 are far used to this PVP style/tactics that most of them don't even recognize it is a bug and they think that's how the game works.
They use it in many different situations like in this example.
View attachment 60883
I appreciate the clarification. 🤜

Been working on it recently. It's isSightClear, very likely located in game.cpp although can be placed somewhere else in old engines.

My guess is they cast just one ray instead of two - this is why it doesn't connect from the other side.

Been working on it recently. It's isSightClear, very likely located in game.cpp although can be placed somewhere else in old engines.
As far as I know from his previous threads, He is not trying to fix it here so both be able to attack.
He wants to stop using XML and wants to make his OTX2 works the same as in the gifs because his players can't play without this bug.
But yeah he can compare the function on old XML engine with isSightClear in OTX2, Looks like Evolutions XML just uses canThrowObjectTo function instead of isSightClear (As far as I understand).
Evolutions XML lines
C++:
    if(g_game.canThrowObjectTo(getPosition(), attackedCreature->getPosition())){
        doAttacking(interval);
OTX2 lines
C++:
    if(g_game.isSightClear(getPosition(), attackedCreature->getPosition(), true))
        doAttacking(interval);

Back