• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Custom Maps = No Good

soul4soul

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
How many servers exist right now that have maps that have 90% or more custom made maps.

There may be a few but barely any compared to the amount of rl maps. Everyone goes on about how custom maps are so great but look at MMB's work and soon the same thing will happen the Chauz.They mapping is amazing but MMB's server failed in time(i forgot the name of it) and soon the same will happen to Chauz once he opens up a server

Peope find comfort in what they all ready know and love look at evolutions map, anyone who knew anything about OT's knew evolutions maps it became popular and people played it, the same with YurOT's map, But this is only because the maps were everywhere how many people do you think would play on YurOT's map if it was a custom map at the time? not many.

I strongly disagree with you. I only play custom maps, I hate people that steal other's work. I suggest that everyone who creates a server should make their own map. I don't even like either the Evo map nor the YurOT map.. They suck really bad. And don't get me started with "Rl" maps. o_O I truly hate them! You don't play OT just to go on exactly the same map, you play because you want something new.

Long story short, I hate map stealers\editers.

I strongly disagree with you. I only play custom maps, I hate people that steal other's work. I suggest that everyone who creates a server should make their own map. I don't even like either the Evo map nor the YurOT map.. They suck really bad. And don't get me started with "Rl" maps. o_O I truly hate them! You don't play OT just to go on exactly the same map, you play because you want something new.

Or because you want higher exp ;]

If I would own a whole real Tibia server made by CipSoft but only putting higher rates, I'm sure people would play on it :D

now days real maps are realy popular, but don't worry it will change in soon or later. :)
Custom maps will come.. More and more ppl make thiere own maps, And that's good :D:D
Evolution Map isn't good at all, YurOT Map isn't good either, but YurOT give me many mermories.(haha)
There is no "real map" server that is good. Noobs download it and host it..
And they can't anything about scripting and such... In most cases there are stpuied noobs that owns real maps.
Custom map/custom server will come soon. But i think they should raise they exp a little bit more.. from 3 to probaly 5? thiere is not amny ppl how have "strength" to play a ot with 3x, because they think "omg guys, we leave this server and play real tibia instead..

Sorry for the shiti english. :p hahah my time is short atm

For me I play ot for custom map, custom monsters, custom npc, custom quests & high exp kinda(100x for example is great :)
I would suggest that all ot's exp rate is 20~1000x
since for me I would never play 1~10 ot
I prefer real tibia never reseted while ot can close/reset. (always)

How many servers exist right now that have maps that have 90% or more custom made maps.

There may be a few but barely any compared to the amount of rl maps. Everyone goes on about how custom maps are so great but look at MMB's work and soon the same thing will happen the Chauz.They mapping is amazing but MMB's server failed in time(i forgot the name of it) and soon the same will happen to Chauz once he opens up a server

Peope find comfort in what they all ready know and love look at evolutions map, anyone who knew anything about OT's knew evolutions maps it became popular and people played it, the same with YurOT's map, But this is only because the maps were everywhere how many people do you think would play on YurOT's map if it was a custom map at the time? not many.

The main reason people play ots is that Tibia is slow so the main reason that players does not play "well mapped custom servers" is the fact that they all are low exp RPG servers. Stop trying to say that the yurOT map or Evolutions map are good becouse they really, yes really suck.

Add that yurots and Evo maps are real small.
I would never use them.

The main reason people play ots is that Tibia is slow so the main reason that players does not play "well mapped custom servers" is the fact that they all are low exp RPG servers. Stop trying to say that the yurOT map or Evolutions map are good becouse they really, yes really suck.

i never said there good just that people play what they know, there are many more servers that use evo or rl map then there are servers that use custom maps.

clary if you never play rl maps why did you even take a GM position on Znote?

I actually agree with Empty.
I'm only playing custom maps too, (only if they're good mapped also, much quests, etc)

I really don't get why people complain about people using real tibia map, is it hard to NOT PLAY THEM? If you think that there are not enough custom maps, maybe that's what you should complain about instead, or perhaps try to make your own map

Lol?
Custom maps no good? Are you nuts?
That is the only maps that actually are good...

Otitis Lol, funny word :>
Pronouced (oh-tee-eye-tis)
Diagnosis: These are the phases newbies go through when they first encounter Open Tibia Servers. Its tragic.

Phase # 1

Conclusion: They WANT REAL MAPS!!!

Phase # 2
Status: Player has been playing random real maps for a month, they keep closing after 5 days. Player gets cranky....

Conclusion: They get picky with the real map servers they play on, They will only play quality real maps....

Phase # 3
Status: Player is sick of real maps, they are repetitive and boring...

Conclusion: Player tries a variety of different servers. Custom map's, Uncommon War Servers.....

Phase # 4
Status: Player is sick of the low quality, shit mapping of these random custom maps....

Conclusion:
Player will only play on high quality Projects, Located on Otland.net
(Player also hates every real map out there and likes to insult shitty server creators and hosters).

And thus! The Evolution is COMPLETE!!!!

I honestly/personally think that Custom maps are great, if its a real tibia high exp server i'll play for a day to explore :)
but custom map servers i will play longer

And i doubt that "Chauz" (kingdom age OT) is gonna fail
He's a great mapper and people are going to want to play his maps except for that non playable Mineshaft map he made :]

and whats with this:

Phase # 4
Status: Player is sick of the low quality, shit mapping of these random custom maps....

Not all custom maps are very badly detailed half of those ots have only just been created with someone who has just left real tibia and started to make/play ots ^.- let alone mapping
lets see your map?

Yeah, the realmaps are booring... Hail custom maps!

I am making my own right now, will spend very many hours everyday with it, hope it will be done til the next summer, then i'll host it 24/7 in months. =D

- Custom map pwns realmaps if they're nice
If they ain't I wouldn't bother playing them
Although a custom map with high exp is awful

- Realmaps doesn't suck. You just need to find a great server that added 9mb custom content with Quality. LIKE ALVARIA!! :O And really .. 90% of realmaps is for the pvp. Not for the map ;p

Back