• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Custom OT]Everdale Alpha - Needs feedback

Pox

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Everdale is a project that we've been working on since March 2020 and we're working on it every day.
The idea behind this world is to be grindy but fun and to meet that goal we're implementing a few things.
To register go to Everdale (https://everdale.net/)

Using TFS 1.3 and OTClient(10.98)

• 7 Classes to choose from, each having their own role.
  • Professions
    • Gathering - Mining ores and collecting flowers/herbs - This is a minor profession and everyone have it at all times.
    • Smelting - lets you to smelt ores into ingots - This is a minor profession and everyone have it at all times.
    • *Armorcrafting - Lets you to craft armors
    • *Weaponcrafting - Lets you to craft all kinds of weapons
    • *Enchanting - Lets you craft various enchantment scrolls that can be used to give extra stats on equipment
    • *Jewelcrafting - Lets you craft amulets, rings and other misc items.
    • *Alchemy - Lets you craft all kinds of potions
      • Those with stars are major professions and you can only have one.
  • Different PvP-System (You don't lose experience or items when you die to players)
  • PvP-Arenas with PvP Currency
  • Spells that you unlock by doing quests
  • Mysteriandos
  • Dungeons (That you can find somewhere in the world, you just have to explore to find them)
  • Hidden Cities
  • Task Board
  • Items that can unlock unique spells, and others that gives you a great stat boost
  • Axe,sword and club all goes under one melee weapon skill
Custom classes:
Assassin: Gains 15hp/10mp per level
Priest: Gains 5hp/30mp per level
Summoner: Gains 5hp/30mp per level
Wizard: Gains 5hp/30mp per level
Templar: Gains 20hp/5mp per level
Ranger: Gains 10hp/15mp per level
Berserker: Gains 15gp/0mp per level (Berserkers always have max 100mana - And gains mana per hit as a rage resource and will start to lose rage when not attacking)

Professions:
You need to gather materials either loot from monster or from gathering to craft your items.
You gain skills and learn to craft better and better items.
Some crafting-items are only unlocked by quests

This is only in the Alpha phase right now and therefore we'd like some feedback from the players to hear what you think.
Is there something you dislike or would like to see more of?
Is there anything you'd like to change or just remove completely?
We're still developing and we'd like to continue to do so with the players.

We are aiming to keep it a low-exp RPG server with zero pay to win features
rateExp: 1x (Its half exp needed for level up, so in reality its 2x)
rateSkill: 3x
rateLoot: 1x
rateMagic: 2x

Last edited:
not a fan of the pvp system i'd vote to remove or change that

We have a goal with our pvp-system.
We don’t want to have a harsh penalty for being killed in the opened. But we will make it worth your while to kill players.

Perhaps implement some sort of pvp currency for minor rewards/rares. You should also edit the main post and give a little detail about what sort of TFS or client version you're using, would be nice to know :)

Each class description would also come in handy.

Perhaps implement some sort of pvp currency for minor rewards/rares. You should also edit the main post and give a little detail about what sort of TFS or client version you're using, would be nice to know :)

Each class description would also come in handy.

updated with tfs 1.3 and otclient.
Class information is shown when creating your character. What role it has and what’s special etc

about pvp-currency, that’s what we are going for ☺️

what if you take someone down to deep red and then a monster kills him, making the player to loose items and exp

what if you take someone down to deep red and then a monster kills him, making the player to loose items and exp

It goes by damageMap, if player is highest > nothing lost

updated with tfs 1.3 and otclient.
Class information is shown when creating your character. What role it has and what’s special etc

about pvp-currency, that’s what we are going for ☺
Didn't notice it, obviously you're literally just starting out but for future visibility on the site should be considered ;)

Instead of just having "Assassin: (description)" make the title with bigger/different coloured font with perhaps a question e.g "What is an Assassin?".

Didn't notice it, obviously you're literally just starting out but for future visibility on the site should be considered ;)

Instead of just having "Assassin: (description)" make the title with bigger/different coloured font with perhaps a question e.g "What is an Assassin?".

Very little time have been spent on the actual site.
Most core-functions are 100% done at this point so more time will be focused on the site :)

Im liking the neat little touches like the berserker class (which im playing as currently) you get set amount of mana for every hit you land on a monster but im not understanding why im losing mana without casting spells?

EDIT: Berserker class you have something called rage which acts as your mana which you generate with every hit you land on a monster, you lose 5 rage per second which i guess stops the class being too OP, once you level up you can learn new spells for your chosen class

Last edited:
Different PvP-System (You don't lose experience or items when you die to players)
then just keep the server as NON-PVP whats the point of killing someone if they don't lose items or experience ?

Different PvP-System (You don't lose experience or items when you die to players)
then just keep the server as NON-PVP whats the point of killing someone if they don't lose items or experience ?
A possible rewards system he mentioned.

Looks interesting but for me it all depends on how custom it is and what the sever type is. RPG? TP/Evo? PvP-E? Not a huge fan of PvP anymore due to popular use of third party software, so pvp not being a big deal is fine with me. Once again it depends on if you want this to be an RPG server or a high exp pvp server. I'm fine with players just losing EXP. Curious to see what your plans are for PVP rewards because adding a potential reward system is just begging players to abuse it in some way, which always ends up happens.

Looks interesting but for me it all depends on how custom it is and what the sever type is. RPG? TP/Evo? PvP-E? Not a huge fan of PvP anymore due to popular use of third party software, so pvp not being a big deal is fine with me. Once again it depends on if you want this to be an RPG server or a high exp pvp server. I'm fine with players just losing EXP. Curious to see what your plans are for PVP rewards because adding a potential reward system is just begging players to abuse it in some way, which always ends up happens.

We havent 100% fletched out the pvp-system.
But what can be bought with pvp-currency will crafting materials and the likes, stuff that you can get other ways its just QoL basically, nothing that will give players an upperhand with overpowered items.

It will be low-exp RPG, no TP.
We will have some sort of fast-travel - But not from and to spawn, just to take you closer to some spawns, basically middle of nowhere, but you cant travel back to town you have to walk. And you have to discovery the places before you can travel there.

when downloading the client I had an error in a dll, after downloading the dll the client executable does not open

What I'd like to see:

1. Death penalties even in PvP.
It is silly that you can get a free hp/mp refill and an instant teleport back to town by dying. If you don't like regular open PvP, I'd much rather just see Optional PvP because at least it can't be abused.

2. Detailed information about custom additions.
Testing everything on my own is very time-consuming, so it would be great to see how exactly the professions work, the exact formulae of all spells, skill multipliers and stats per level for each vocation, etc.

when downloading the client I had an error in a dll, after downloading the dll the client executable does not open

Try to download the new client, I just uploaded it.
Post automatically merged:

What I'd like to see:

1. Death penalties even in PvP.
It is silly that you can get a free hp/mp refill and an instant teleport back to town by dying. If you don't like regular open PvP, I'd much rather just see Optional PvP because at least it can't be abused.

2. Detailed information about custom additions.
Testing everything on my own is very time-consuming, so it would be great to see how exactly the professions work, the exact formulae of all spells, skill multipliers and stats per level for each vocation, etc.

I will post the information you requested tomorrow

@Wirox

I dont really feel that the skill multipliers and spells formula is of any interest at this stage because it all can change on a daily basis depending on feedback.
But I have updated the mainpost with some more information

Try to download the new client, I just uploaded it.
Post automatically merged:

I will post the information you requested tomorrow
it does not open. Don't show any error, but still does not open 🤷‍♂️

Back