• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Custom Server is looking for staff

Madlander

Madlander
Reaction score
Hi there. We are on the search for some awesome staff members to be part of our permanent team:

2 GMs
Their main duty will be to turn on/off automated events ( according to the active players at the moment), why are we asking for two Gamemasters?, because we want to cover every hour of the day ( since the game has events only available at night). Another task would be to answer the players and help them to smooth their first steps in the game (basically to help us to prevent stress on them in order to make them continue playing and stay longer)

1 CM
We have many social media and we need one more hand (or two) with them. Community manager's duty would be to maintain as fresh as possible our medias to interact with our community. This is a key position since we are forging a solid and loyal community.

3 Testers
This is the funnest if you are interested on try this project as a staff member and as a player as well, your main duty would be to post any issue or weird/ugly thing found ingame and in our website.

Please MP with your income proposal (only if your are interested on some od those staff roles)

Peace :)

Last edited:
i can join your staff, as a GM, i have many years experience on handling players and their needs. i once had a server but due to study and work i was forced to shut it down. was not successfull at all.

For me, I like new custom projects. From your videos (posted in the past), it seems interesting.
If you are looking for a 4th tester, that would be me.
Why I say 4th? Because I may not stick around for too long, I don't like to promise something I can't keep.
Nonetheless, I would like to try your game. I've played Betas and Alphas in the past, so this is not something new.

Few days after contacting him for a position, he said he was interested and he asked how much do i wana get paid for it, i said whatever your budget can afford i'll take it, he never proposed an offer so i don't accept it. he kept asking how much do i want per hour so he come up with an excuse.

when i mentioned it he did this.

so this guy don't wana pay anyone at all why even mention it in your post.
pay more respect to people next time.

please dont comment things you are just supposing.
I am just asking you to send me your income prospects via PM although it doesnt mean that it will be precisely what I am going to pay.
It is negotiable, I am asking you to see if I can meet your aspirations, dont get mad just because I am asking you firstly.

PD: I dont want any polemic here, just leave it.

I'm not supposing anything, i mentioned i would accept your offer to meet your budget but you never gave me one. i sent this message a couple times and you would wait hours before you answer to it with the same response "please mention your offer" and when i mentioned my offer you instantly replied with it's too much for me thanks for your interest.

Please respect this community and don't mention false info in your threads if you gonna pay someone tell him how much instead of waiting for an excuse to refuse it.

I mentioned it a couple of times i'll accept what you can afford and you kept asking back for mine so you can give me an excuse.

let me break it down for you:

You're looking for 6 people to work with you (2 gms, 1 cm, 3 testers) for a paid position
If each would accept to work for you for 1eur/h you would have to pay 6eur/h for all of them

considering this screenshot from our conversation you're not even making 5eur/h

can you explain how did you plan to pay them? actually no you don't have to because i figured you wouldn't even pay anyone.

Last edited:
Ok, you are asking me to respect the community (again) based in your suspects, not on words I clearly said (example: that words that you are putting in my mouth, I dont know why you are so obssesed with people not paying you at all, and honestly I dont care). That is the reason why I ASK YOU FIRST, i dont like to promise things I wont accomplish, also I was trying to avoid naughty individuals publishing screenshots with my initial offer on an attemp to "warn" the community (?). Boy... I stupidly failed.

I think we are smart enough to figure out when someone is trying to scam people to get things done for free, you are in your right to share your experience but please dont put words in my mouth.

let me guarantee I wont put anyone to work until we both(me and the person interested) agreed with something.

Regarding my budget, I am a working adult, I pay the internet bill, renting, food, transportation. It is clear my personal income is more that 1 paid hour every day. How many hours?, you dont need to know that.

You must learn to be patient with responses: the same moment you sent me a PM you figured out my discord inbox and wrote there as well telling me you wanted my response on your PM at Otland inbox, very hardcore.

Another thing about my few moments interacting with you: You made showoff of programming capabilities (web, c++, lua), also you sent me screenshots proving that with ingame systems, and that is great. But I dont know why you shown me that, I am not looking for a programmer....

Now, I rejected you because you were very persistent with an initial proposal comming from me, ignoring the fact I clearly encouraged the community to make an initial income proposal (almost it seems like you wanted this arguing since the beginning)

What triggered my rejection on you was that you started with nasty comments about me not paying at all, that is why I cut you off for good. Yes... I am looking for people to work, but guess what?, I am considering them as a team mate, A PERMANENT STAFF MEMBER, not an employee, Joking or not, you suposed and said rude things on that chatbox.

Yes...it was somewhat an excuse...to make you loss interest on my job offer.

I hope this help you understand my behave on you, and I kindly hope this help you to develop on your personal interactions.

Peace!
Post automatically merged:

i can join your staff, as a GM, i have many years experience on handling players and their needs. i once had a server but due to study and work i was forced to shut it down. was not successfull at all.
Hey usualsolid

Could you please leave me a PM to still in touch?

Thanks for your interest and sorry for your failed project (I know well that stuff of stoping what we love for working/studying)
Post automatically merged:

For me, I like new custom projects. From your videos (posted in the past), it seems interesting.
If you are looking for a 4th tester, that would be me.
Why I say 4th? Because I may not stick around for too long, I don't like to promise something I can't keep.
Nonetheless, I would like to try your game. I've played Betas and Alphas in the past, so this is not something new.
Would be great!, send me a PM to talk :)

Last edited:
You clearly not getting my point here i'm not putting words in your mouth but you need to respect people and if you say you're interested don't waste people time with your slow answers and waiting for them to offer so you can refuse, i was being nice since you said you had a tight budget and i didn't wana offer you something higher than you can afford since you said you was interested, but you just wanted to find an excuse so next time man up and don't wait for an excuse then BLOCK them, so unrespectful.

I was being too nice showing you my stuff that's for sure i didn't know you're such an arrogant person waiting for an excuse to refuse, why i showed you it you asking? if i was going to test your stuff how would you know if i can find bugs ingame / web? don't you think this is something that comes with experience? and to show your experience you need to show your work ye? even tho i was being more nice saying that i would even do more than testing for the same payment. but i was so naaive i shouldn't have been nice.

I was waiting for your proposal so i don't give you an offer you can't handle but as i said you were not being respectful you just wanted an excuse so please learn some manners and say what you have instead of wasting someone's time to find an excuse. that's the least respect you can pay to this community.

considering them as staff not an employee? sure but you said PM WITH INCOME PROPOSALS ("This is a job offer") this just prove my point you didn't want to pay anyone you just wanted to offer an ingame position.

If the CM position is still avalible, I could take part in the application for it.
Reason: To get more experience myself, work on my own social skills.
Pm me if it's avalible

It's funny how both parties involved in the deal causing the drama above are wrong.

@kimokimo :

Please, do not play the "respect the community" card while you're posting a partial screenshot as a testament to your words. It only provides a very narrow and biased view on the situation and could possibly tip community members to the wrong side. So, please respect the community and provide more details from your point of view, such as screenshots and the position you applied for. While I, personally, have no reasons to assume that your intentions were not good, I have also not enough concrete proof to turn my assumption into a fact.

@Madlander :

You claim that the job's payment is negotiable while you totally neglected to present a counter offer as it seems, from the limited screenshots provided. Given your claim that you're a growing adult, you should know that this is exactly what "negotiable" means and how the hiring process works. If you're going to reject any proposal that doesn't adhere to your budget then you're just looking for the lowest bidder. In this case, this is not a job offer but an auction.

You also claim that you encourage the community to give you an income proposal. Encouraging means supporting an act but not necessarily enforcing it. If you demand that everyone makes a proposal first, you might as well mention it as a requirement to apply.

I also changed your thread's tag from Gamemaster to Team because apparently, you've named more than the gamemaster job as open positions.

In the end, it's all about semantics.

@Delirium thanks for the edit!.
I needed to be more clear and strict describing the way and content of your applications. And yes, there are some terms I am not familiar with (those like "encourage")

Back