• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Debug sent/recieved packets in OTC

Tony32

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been trying to figure out how I could make OTC display sent/recieved packets in the terminal, but I can't get it to work.

I've added a logger line in the send method in the sources, but it doesnt output anything for me.
Code:
void ProtocolGame::send(const OutputMessagePtr& outputMessage)
{
    // avoid usage of automated sends (bot modules)
    if(!g_game.checkBotProtection())
        return;

g_logger.error(stdext::format("Sent packet %s", outputMessage->getBuffer())); <- I added this

Protocol::send(outputMessage);

}
I've looked into the outputMessage->GetBuffer and it should return a string, but for some reason it's not working as I would have wanted it.

It displays "Sent packet" and nothing after it.

as seen here:
vCiRqEk.png

Also, I noticed the client uses the opcodes in the protocolcodes.h source file and not from the lua file, how would I do to enable it to read opcodes from the lua instead? Kind of a pain right now that I need to recompile everytime I change some opcode.

EDIT: I also noticed it says its OTClient 0.6.3 even doe I downloaded the latest source from the github, why is that? I've heard people say 0.6.5 is the latest.

Thanks in advance guys.

Regards,
Tony

Back