• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dedicate hosting, VPS ?

Kingdanny

Banned User
Reaction score
Hello,

I wanna get some dedicate hosting, yet dont quite know where to look for.

Like, what's the difference between a VPS and/or a dedicate host?
Also, how does the whole thing work; you have to send all ur shit to them, and tell them they should start the distro, or what..

Thanks in advance,
Kingdanny

About dedicated, its like you buying a new computer, and you left it with a good internet connection for example at sweden,
then you get the computer's IP and the password, and access it through remote desktop control, you'll have to type the ip of the computer, and the password, and PEW!
you're on dedicated, as if, you're on ur own computer, you drag 'n' drop the files you want, or just upload it and download it from the dedicated,
the company does nothing, but leaving you computer's ip and password.
^ all what I've mentioned, is what I am doing right now.

Its like you control your own computer with remote desktop. You can do everything you would normally do on yours

Ok, but whats the difference between VPS and dedicated? and what is better?

VPS is a virtual private server. It's basicly not a server, but a jail that you can run your programs in. While a dedicated server is a server dedicated for you.

While a VPS is cheaper and often gives you more power and resources for the money (along with etc free CPU usage, often of a 16 or 32core!) it's still shared resources, so if you got 3-4 people running folding@home or something you'll get a horrible server.

In some companies the opportunity to buy a hosting VPS with 4x cores, is also where to invest, to my knowledge suggests that more profitable to buy Virtual Private Server than a dedicated server which costs more money, but now it depends on your will and decision. :D

Well, i won't say that you'll get anything better when you buy a dedicated server unless you truely need a more powerful computer.

Back