• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dedicated actions question

Calon

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how can i transfer folders that have a big size without upload it to dedicated Server pc ?
i heard about this thing but i never tried this before could someone help please ?:peace:

Don't understand what you are trying to ask.
But, if you want to transfer big files to your dedicated server, use FTP server :p (Xlight server, am I using right now and... it's free :D)
For client (WinSCP - Connecting to the Xlight server)

Not sure if this is what you want :p

Note* This program need to be installed at your dedicated server!

1)Download Xlight - http://www.xftpserver.com/download/setup.exe - if you don't trust this link then visit: Xlight FTP Server - download free ftp server for Windows - And download "Setup with installer (Serup.exe, 1476K, including all)

2)Start the program! And press the computer with the "+" sign

3)A window should popup, that's named: "New Virtual Server"
IP Address: Dynamic IP
Port: 21
Protocol: FTP
These are your config.

Press OK

4)Mark your Server in the list. Now Press at the Single person Icon - (User List)
A popup should come up which is named: Dynamic IP:21 - User List

5) Add a new user, by pressing at the "+" sign.
Once again, a popup will come.
Username: * (Whatever you want)
Password: * (Whatever you want)
Home Directory: Where the user shall have acccess to. Like: "C:\Xavizus\Data\World\" (A tip, use the Browse button)

Press OK

6) Once again, Mark your server and press at the Blue "start" button Or the Green start button

Now is your FTP server done!

Reload this site, gonna type more for your client setup!

Okey, Now are we going to install the Client to your "non-Dedicated server" Like your gaming computer(?) :D

I recommend WinSCP because... It's the easiest software to use :D

Let's get going:

1)Visit this download link: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/winscp/winscp429.zip?download or (once again, if you don't trust this: http://winscp.net/eng/download.php - and download the Portable executables

2) This software do not need an installation (I gotta <3 it :D) - Create a shortcut from the winscp.exe file to the deskop (or whatever you want it)

3) Start the software, and press the button: New.
First of all here: CHANGE File protocol: "SFTP" to "FTP"
Hostname: (Your dedicated server ip or dns)
Port Number: 21
Username: (your user you created in Xlight)
Password: (The same password you have for the user)
Make sure that the encryption is: No Encryption (not sure how to setup it yet :( )

Now press Save...

and the Login!

There you go! you got a fully working FTP client and FTP Server!

EDIT:
If you are trying to connect to your dedicated server outside of your network, then you have configure the Xlight server some more, which is a bit more advnaced :p

Last edited:
Back