• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dedicated server/Leasewebs

Elox

http://elox.se/
Reaction score
Hello not sure if this is the correct place to post it (sorry if it's wrong.)

Well, buying a dedicated server.
I'm just wondering if I buy a dedicated server for 1 month, can I extend it? without closing the server in the middle of everything?

I mean, when buying a dedicated server you can choose, 1 month contract, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months. (Leaseweb.com)
So if I choose 1 months contract will I be able to renew it when it's about to expire without losing access to it?

Yes off course. I have been using Leaseweb for quite a while.

When you order your dedicated server, pay off and such things, you will get your own personal bank account on leaseweb, and you can send money from paypal to that account, fill that account, and it will take money from your leaseweb account every month automatic.

You also got the ability to see statesticks, like view network traffic on your dedicated server, and such things.

Okay great, thanks for helping.

Time to order then. ;)
Code:
Server: Dell PE 850
RAM: 2GB DDR2
Uplink Port: 1 x 100Mbps Full-Duplex
CPU: 1x Intel P4 2.8Ghz HT
Harddisk: 2 x 250GB SATA II
Volume Connectivity: 2000GB data traffic

Not really.
Hosted on an old computer before, 700mb ram, 1.8 ghz cpu.
Had 100 players on, worked great.

So should be more than enough to host an 20mb map.

ye thats true i thought you were hosting rl map :/

Well still those computer stats he showed, he can easy host a 90mb original tibia map with 300 players without lag.
(as long as his network speed holds it).

But his bandwith of 2000GB only keep up to avrage 175 players online 24/7.

Zhtek.se, old swedish rlmap server, that I made, but didnt host.

Hosting computer:
1.8ghz
1GB DDR2 RAM
29mb MAP

Was at top 5 for a long time, and could handle 250+ players without any lag at all.

Learn the power of a bugfree SQL TFS server with a stable network connection.

Well still those computer stats he showed, he can easy host a 90mb original tibia map with 300 players without lag.
(as long as his network speed holds it).

But his bandwith of 2000GB only keep up to avrage 175 players online 24/7.

Zhtek.se, old swedish rlmap server, that I made, but didnt host.

Hosting computer:
1.8ghz
1GB DDR2 RAM
29mb MAP

Was at top 5 for a long time, and could handle 250+ players without any lag at all.

Learn the power of a bugfree SQL TFS server with a stable network connection.

May I ask you, If i want 200-300 players online in my otserv.
and my map is 22 200 KB what computer do you recomend?
and how mutch will it cost every month, and with this leaseweb does it cost to start have an dedi?

We got 4 dedi's at leaseweb and 2 at amenworld for our tibia&maplestory servers. Leaseweb may at sometimes take a while till it's actually online (custom packages tho), no setup fee for us as we paid 6 months contract with 160eur/each/month. If you order windows' servers, don't forget to say you do not need plesk.

May I ask you, If i want 200-300 players online in my otserv.
and my map is 22 200 KB what computer do you recomend?
and how mutch will it cost every month, and with this leaseweb does it cost to start have an dedi?

1.8Ghz processor.
1GB RAM.
15MB upstream, 15MB downstream.
(Note that if you are looking for an express server, you will most likely be sharing your network with other computers, it might say 100mb, but it may swap between 1 - 40mb, you will most likely never get a full 100mb speeded network.

Windows server edition 2003, or 2008. Web edition, or the cheapest version, you don't need everything exstra stuff you get with the OS.

If you are more experienced, go for a Linux based server, with only a Terminal.

Note that if you want to have many players online, like 200 - 300, you should consider 4TB bandwith, which costs like +20 euro/month.

REMEMBER TO DON'T USE XML SERVER. These recommendations are for TFS SQL based servers!

1.8Ghz processor.
1GB RAM.
15MB upstream, 15MB downstream.
(Note that if you are looking for an express server, you will most likely be sharing your network with other computers, it might say 100mb, but it may swap between 1 - 40mb, you will most likely never get a full 100mb speeded network.

Windows server edition 2003, or 2008. Web edition, or the cheapest version, you don't need everything exstra stuff you get with the OS.

If you are more experienced, go for a Linux based server, with only a Terminal.

Note that if you want to have many players online, like 200 - 300, you should consider 4TB bandwith, which costs like +20 euro/month.

REMEMBER TO DON'T USE XML SERVER. These recommendations are for TFS SQL based servers!

Thanks znote :)

[..]

On leasewebs there's "Metered servers" and "Express servers"
Does both 'share' network?
Cause I found one on express and metered with almost same specs, and both costs 59£.

Any difference?

And another question, if I choose a contract on 3 month. I'll still pay each month? Not everything at the same time right?

Thanks for helping. :)

Last edited:
Back