• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dedicated server?

ugurdrahs

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering how much cost a dedicated server, of a normal pc with dual core, 4b ram and 500 gb memory?

And also want to know what does dedicated sellers mean with, lets say: 2000gb traffic?

what is 1 gb traffic??

how much players will that hold, xd

would be nice if some1 could answer my questions

Last edited:
I assume that would be 500 Gb Hard Disk

400+ Players depending for you internet conection (usually 100mb) and your MAP

2000 GB traffic as itself is the size of Internet bandwidth you can use
Exemple : if you download a file of 100 MB then you will be using 100 MB of network traffic

when you use the internet you use Internet bandwidth and thus consuming link or network bandwidth

I have helped

You could get a system you described for as cheap at $57 using www.smarterdedicatedserver.com . They have a nice custom server configurator that you could use to put together an optimal system. So the actual traffic size pertains to how much you can download over the course of a month. Nobody ever comes close to 2000gb and its really a red heiring. What you really want is a fast internet connection, ie 50+ mb a second with really low ping. You can ask the provider what they typical upload and download speeds you can expect.

Yeah pretty safe indeed, its in a SAS70 type II datacenter so that is pretty good. You can lookup the spec requirements for that on google if you are curious. It's funny you need a handprint scan to get into the place lol.

Back