• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dedicated Server

Mr Evil

Reaction score
Hi im thinking in buying a dedicated server for my ot..
i found this one

Code:
AMD Duron 1300

512 MB DDR-RAM

60 GB Hard Drive

500 GB Bandwidth

i just have some questions..
how much players do you think i can have without lag?
should i use it with linux or windows?

@Ragone - mb is not the same as mB so use them properly

@Topic - This server sucks indeed. The cpu has an old architecture which isn't as efficient as new (like one in Core 2 family or even X2 family of AMD). But as the patch from avesta for CPU bug has been released, it may be not that bad to use it for hosting. The RAM will be enough if you use Linux based OS (WinXP will be laggy I think).

Last edited:
How could you say a number of players?
Amd Duron isn't so powerfull, the HD is small and only 512 MB Ram, and he hasn't yet give the details of the uplink.. How can you say the ammount of players that he can get without lag?

The HDD doesn't matter alomost at all as far as I know. Saying the number of players that may be keeped without lags is pointless because it depends mainly on connection (ping too). CPU sux but it may be enough after avesta patches for keeping ~40-60+ players. MAYBE.

Stop figthing ! xD
Its ok atleast 50 players..
ill buy this dedicated for 1 month and ill have a player limit of 50, when i get enough money from bux.to ill move to another server. =)

Bux.to will be at "request in audit" for some months so I don't think that you will get money from it :p Maybe invest now in some P4 @ ~1.8 so it wouldn't be much more expensive but faster for sure. My old Duron 1000 is "laggy" at Windows (with 512mB RAM on board) and you cannot run there even tibia+winamp so... ;)

I don't really know where are you from. In Europe the OVH services are well-known and generally good. Use google to find something what you can afford :) This one, which you've posted, in-deed sux but maybe it would be good at the very start of your ots.

It depends on the size of the map! With linux without any other programs it would handle more.

Edit: I'm impressed with how precission you are saying the number of players that this server will be able to keep :eek:.

How much do you pay for this Server per month?
I found a Server with 1024 MB RAM (Linux ofc) and 20€ per month..I can send you the link if you need it..

Back