• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Definition of DDoS and How to Secure yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro Warbringer

Retired with developing
Reaction score
Definition - On the Internet, a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack is one in which a multitude of compromised systems attack a single target, thereby causing denial of service for users of the targeted system. The flood of incoming messages to the target system essentially forces it to shut down, thereby denying service to the system to legitimate users.

A hacker (or, if you prefer, cracker) begins a DDoS attack by exploiting a vulnerability in one computer system and making it the DDoS "master." It is from the master system that the intruder identifies and communicates with other systems that can be compromised. The intruder loads cracking tools available on the Internet on multiple -- sometimes thousands of -- compromised systems. With a single command, the intruder instructs the controlled machines to launch one of many flood attacks against a specified target. The inundation of packets to the target causes a denial of service.

While the press tends to focus on the target of DDoS attacks as the victim, in reality there are many victims in a DDoS attack -- the final target and as well the systems controlled by the intruder.

Secure Yourself:
Buy Firewall Profesional or what ever is it called it costs 800 EUR.

REP++

hi wikipedia,bye

Secure Yourself:
Buy Firewall Profesional or what ever is it called it costs 800 EUR.

800 euro? PLSSSS on linux firewall is FREE >OPEN SOURCES< and way better than the windows one, OO and u can get an open source firewall like peer guardian for windows... probb u mean a cisco PIX firewall wich worth >800 euro (thxkrok for info) because i really doubt there is any firewall SOFTWARE for 800 euro....

BTW u can't stop the DDoS u can nullroute them or block their ips on X quanty of bytes per package/second or something but not block them 100%

Last edited:
pix = old

asa550 costs only 500$ ^^

and seriously, dont copy and paste =(

Copy/pasted and I wouldn't call them hackers or crackers you insult them for it =(.

Migxxx you think he is talking about software firewall? No.
Software can't stop it.. You need a hardware firewall for it.

Break in into 2000 computer make an shortcut hiden well to some folder and start run it when he feels like it
YES HACKER

Copy/pasted and I wouldn't call them hackers or crackers you insult them for it =(.

Migxxx you think he is talking about software firewall? No.
Software can't stop it.. You need a hardware firewall for it.

thats exactly what i said :p cisco pix/asa are hardware firewall, but still it's almost the same than as have a software firewall since your network will still get the package....

True you can block them atleast with a good Hardware, i was yesterday walking in a comp shop and i saw that Firewall hardware 800 euro :eek: it blocks DDoS not to the end but the DDoS will harm you not so much like without that Firewall..

Code:
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid14_gci557336,00.html#

And about the firewall, it would be really stupid to pay 800$ for a hardware firewall cause you can get really good(open source) firewalls for *nix for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back